• Register Today It's free!

2007 Eddie Bauer update

markfnc

Reaction score
City, State
Johnston County, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Eddie Bauer
I had started my updates on the new member portion, but will move it to here. I will add the link to the other section if you care to go look at it.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203178

4 month update

total miles = 6809
total gallons = 374.03
mpg = 18.20

mpg overall has dropped off, as I have been just driving to and from the office. While it was going up previously, I usually had a least 125 miles on a tank that was all highway. My to and from work is 13 miles each way going about 35 - 45 mph with slight traffic and 3 stop lights.

I have a vibration under the dash on the passenger side while at a stop. Once I start moving it goes away, and if I shift to park while stopped it goes away. I need to crawl under and see if it something I can tighten up.

No other problems.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

any ideas on the under dash vibration while i am stopped.

any ideas on the under dash vibration while i am stopped.

Mine had a vibration at about 45 MPH in top gear and it would also do it when stopped in drive. Putting it in park it would go away, and greater than 50 MPH (or less than) it would go away.

Took it to Ford, they determined it was a loose A/C component on the passenger side in the dash. Fixed it and it's good to go! :)

2007 Eddie Bauer

4 month update

total miles = 6809
total gallons = 374.03
mpg = 18.20

mpg overall has dropped off, as I have been just driving to and from the office. While it was going up previously, I usually had a least 125 miles on a tank that was all highway. My to and from work is 13 miles each way going about 35 - 45 mph with slight traffic and 3 stop lights.

It looks like your Eddie Bauer is almost identical to the one I just bought a few weeks ago. Mine is a 2007 Eddie Bauer 2WD V6, Redfire with Camel, EB Luxury Pkg, Ultimate Conv. Group, Power Folding 3rd Row, Aux Climate Control, Power Moonroof, Reverse Sensing and Towing Package. It looks and drives like new, the only downside is that is has 72k miles on it! No, that's not a typo! =)

It's only 15 months old and was ordered new by my best friend as his company vehicle. It's almost 100% highway mileage (even the original tires still have about 30-40% of tread life) and has been serviced religiously. The window sticker was $34k+ and I got it for $15,575.

I'm really impressed by the lifetime average fuel economy- 19.9 MPG! Not bad at all. Living on the highway with the cruise set most of the time helped with that, I'm sure. But I was still surprised. I also have a 2006 Mazda3 and only manage 26mpg out it!

Just thought I'd say howdy. Hope you're still enjoying yours, I know I am!

5 month update

Miles 8594
Gallons 471.1
MPG 18.22

Overall all MPG bottomed out at 18.12, and has been on the rise again due to hwy miles driven.
Rattle under dash while idleing in drive. Rattle in garage door opener holder overhead.
Got some hail damage a week ago, getting hood repaired next week.

Mine had a vibration at about 45 MPH in top gear and it would also do it when stopped in drive. Putting it in park it would go away, and greater than 50 MPH (or less than) it would go away.

Took it to Ford, they determined it was a loose A/C component on the passenger side in the dash. Fixed it and it's good to go! :)

Sounds like the same problem. I will have to get it into my dealer. Thansk for the reply.

It looks like your Eddie Bauer is almost identical to the one I just bought a few weeks ago. Mine is a 2007 Eddie Bauer 2WD V6, Redfire with Camel, EB Luxury Pkg, Ultimate Conv. Group, Power Folding 3rd Row, Aux Climate Control, Power Moonroof, Reverse Sensing and Towing Package. It looks and drives like new, the only downside is that is has 72k miles on it! No, that's not a typo! =)

It's only 15 months old and was ordered new by my best friend as his company vehicle. It's almost 100% highway mileage (even the original tires still have about 30-40% of tread life) and has been serviced religiously. The window sticker was $34k+ and I got it for $15,575.

I'm really impressed by the lifetime average fuel economy- 19.9 MPG! Not bad at all. Living on the highway with the cruise set most of the time helped with that, I'm sure. But I was still surprised. I also have a 2006 Mazda3 and only manage 26mpg out it!

Just thought I'd say howdy. Hope you're still enjoying yours, I know I am!

Sounds the same except I don't have trailer towing. Wish I did even though I don't have anythong to tow. No moon roof either. I like it except for the rattles noted above.

Back