• Register Today It's free!

2002 XLT 4X4 w/ Battery Light on

gnorton52

Reaction score
City, State
College Station, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Hello All! ... I've got a 2002 XLT that I've put a new Battery and Alternator on 4 months ago. The Battery Light has come on but there seems to be no problems. The battery stays charged up, the lights don't dim (even at an idle) and the alternator is putting out almost 14 volts at an idle as well.?????
Has anyone run across this problem??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome! Your question might be moved to another area, not sure. Just curious, but what prompted you to install a new batt and alt?

Where is College Station, TX?

welcome to the forum

Hello Donner! Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the welcome as well! The Alternator & Battery were replaced because the previous owner had plugged in a "power inverter" and noticed that the lights would dim while using the inverter. Then the batt. light came on. So he replaced both the battery and the alternator. But the light stayed on. Replacing the batt and alternator seemed to correct the "dimming problem" and the alternator is charging 14 + volts. The Battery stays up but the light won't go off. All grounds have been checked and the alternator bench tested and shows to be good.

College Station, Texas is approx. 100 mi. east of Austin, 100 mi. North of Houston and about 250 mi. South of Dallas ... it's the home of Texas A&M University.

Thanks for your help!!
Gary

Thanks Brooklyn Bay! ... will do! and when I find this "gremlin" I'll let ya know what it was!

Anybody ever find the problem? I have the same issue after replacing the alternator.

Back