Found '95-'97 Explorer Body Lift | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Found '95-'97 Explorer Body Lift

davesexplorer,

From what I understand a few people have already used the '98-'00 kit on the '95-'97s.

The ony difference is that the Torsion Bar brackets on the '95-'98s are welded on instead of being bolted on like the '98-'00s.

You wil have to grind off the old mounts and probaby drill for the new dropped brackets.

Bumper brackets

COMMOCOZY,
I looked at www.noiec.com that is a 2001 explorer he was working on. By the looks of it, the brackets are the same as 95-97. It looks like Mat didn't install the front bumper. The kit I used had the front brackets that fit. It also looks like he had to do quite a bit of work for the rear. Looks like it takes more than flattening the brackets from the 00-01 kit. He had to do some welding. It only took me about an hour to install mine using a flat piece steel as shown in thread #3. Looks like either way works, and people have many different options. The tricky part will be to relocating the crank for the spare. I thought about drilling a hole in the bumper behind the plate, or turning the crank about 30 degrees so I can access it from behind the tire.

Have fun all,
-Hector

NO all that is required is drill a hole, flatten the brakets and cut a little bumper that is it. I will E-mail Matt and ask him to look at this thred since he is the 97-01 body lift god with 6 lifts under his belt.

I really need some help here. I need to get my 3" body lift done soon because I wanna do my tt/shackle lift when I go home from college on spring break and then get my new rubbers on. My problem is ordering the body lift. I called the place this post opened up mentioning and the guy had no clue that the ranger kit could even be modified to the explorer, nevermind that they might seel a package with the pieces needed for the explorer. Anyway, anyone who has delt with this place is there someone I can ask for by name that you know of? Or any other way I can order the 3" body lift with all the parts I need? Please help me I gotta get this stuff done soon.

Back