Pic of 33's that rub on 3" BL | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pic of 33's that rub on 3" BL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like they only thing they are hitting is the plastic splash shield (inner fender). You could always do some trimming. errr.... unless they hit the fender too. Hard to tell through all the mud. lol
Rick

Yeah it's just hitting the plastic. It only does it when i turn to the left. The other side doesn't hit at all. I've noticed that one of my sway bar brackets(the one with the rubber bushing in it towards the front of the vehicle) is bent back a little. I wonder if that is the problem?

I just put 33's on mine and notice the same rubbing. I'm installing Warrior shackles this weekend, if I can buy them in time. I have a 3" body lift on it. DR254, let me know if yours works.

Hector

mine is stock...i cut off the whole lower piece of plastic from the top of the coil tower to the fender and i have on 31s

just cut a little bit if that plastic at the bottom and then break out the hammer and bang back a little metal, paint it black and it'll look as good as new with no rubbing.

Thanks, I'll try that this weekend; after I install the warrior shackles.

-Hector

unless im understaning you wrong. But if you install the warrior shackles thats not gonna help if your rubbing up front.

Ryan

Back