RCD shock and mount numbers. | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RCD shock and mount numbers.

P1010002-7.jpg

P1010003-9.jpg

P1010004-8.jpg

P1010005-8.jpg

P1010006-8.jpg

P1010007-3.jpg

P1010008-1.jpg

P1010009-4.jpg

P1010010-1.jpg

P1010011-1.jpg

P1010012-1.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010015-2.jpg

P1010016-3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So how does it ride ?
Is ride height stock, up or down ?

rides AWESOME.. Ill never go back to torsions :) what do you mean stock up or down??

rides AWESOME.. Ill never go back to torsions :) what do you mean stock up or down??

Did the ride height move much ? You were doing this without going for a lift correct ?
Do you have any pictures of the Ex back on it's wheels ?

Good job ! :salute:

Did the ride height move much ? You were doing this without going for a lift correct ?
Do you have any pictures of the Ex back on it's wheels ?

Good job ! :salute:

Its a ranger ;) and I have a superlift on the truck. And i removed the torsion bars and put these in. Cranked the coils so the front sits even with the rear! And i dont have pics yet of the truck. I will soon and i will post them.

Looks good, what keeps the shock from sliding back and forth along the bolts though?

There is a spacer inbetween those washers i have shoved in there. Its the same size as the hole in the fox shock so it doesnt move back and forth!

integrax97, are you using AALs or SOA in your rear? If SOA what leafs do you have?

cmax13007 and local7teener, you guys are pretty close. My truck is still out of service tho. Maybe we can go muddin when I get it back together...

William Schumacher, I'll take a look at my RCD this weekend and see how much gap I have in the front before the bump stop. My truck too has a pretty good forward rake with my Deaver leafs. I was looking into some other shackles but I haven't tested my flex yet to see if shortening them is even possible. Just been workin on gettin a gear box installed.

cmax13007, your 2" Warrior Shackles, whats the 2" a measurement of? how long are they? Same length as stock?

I took a pic of the drivers side Bumpstop, it seems like theres not enough gap,but I'm not sure about it ?

I've been trying to get the pic smaller to post it,but it's not working out too well. sure wish I could email it to someone to take a look at it ?

thanks,
I was trying photoshop,and pictureProject,then gave nero a shot and found it was easy to do it in !

Attachments

• resized pic.jpg
    resized pic.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 610

Get the picture in the editor of your PC. Right click on the picture and select edit. Along the top should be a choice for "IMAGE" to stretch/skew the picture. Hit that and select a percentage like 35% for H/V. That will make the picture smaller, and you can save it as something else. Regards,

"bumping" this thread to the "stop" :D

I've got bumpstops on my brain.

That gap does not look too bad, but the distance from the pivot point to the bump stop looks short. Is that the same as stock? With more leverage, closer to the pivot point, the bump stop will be crushed easier and be less effective.

could the bumpstop be trimmed ?,I have to say I know very little about this stuff ?,not even sure how thats mounted ?
I'm hoping someone with an RCD lift will chime in !!

the line in the rubber stop that angles up toward the pivot point ?, thats not a trim line is it ?, that wouldn't leave much rubber would it...

That looks like the OEM part, I think that the bolt head is right at the middle of that. I wouldn't trim it unless it was a last resort. It may be fine just like that, my worry would be for it to crush and wear out too fast.

hey guys i havent really been on here much, but this thread caught my eye. I have a 2004 ranger 4x4 and i have no fabracation skills but i can use tools just not welding....does this require welding? would i be able to do it myself? and what parts to i need???

cmax13007 and local7teener, you guys are pretty close. My truck is still out of service tho. Maybe we can go muddin when I get it back together...

cmax13007, your 2" Warrior Shackles, whats the 2" a measurement of? how long are they? Same length as stock?

I'm currently out of commission at the moment. Total hip replacment, yeah not fun. Anyways, I have lots of time now so I'm going to spend a few days updating everything on here.

A few months on the offroading probably, still need to finish up a few mods.

Basically, the 2" Warrior Shackles lift is the additional ride height gained from upgrading from the stock shackles. WP Application List

CMAX

Cmax:

very sorry to hear about your hip problem, I sure hope your not in any pain
and that your up and around soon !!

I'm leaning towards the non res 6.5's ,OR perhaps a custom 7" radflo with 850 lb springs.
With the radflo,you have a choice of a 7/8" shaft, I'm just trying to find out the complete projected dimentions of a 7" radflo shock ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ditto, I have a friend who is over two years since a new hip. No more touching your toes,

Back