2.5 inch spring lift + 3 inch body lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2.5 inch spring lift + 3 inch body lift

ghurst10

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
Well I finally got the courage to give the body lift a try and it turned out great. I started on friday night and worked off and on for the past couple of days and finished it at noon today.
3090115_5_full.jpg

3090115_6_full.jpg

3090115_8_full.jpg

Height comparison to a 2007 GMC Yukon XL:
3090115_7_full.jpg

Also added 1.5 inch wheel spacers for a wider stance:
3090115_9_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now that looks horn man, awesome stuff
Scotty

looks good, what is the plan for tires?

I'd look at getting that exhaust worked a little higher if it's feasable but otherwise it turned out great.

I'll be keeping these tires for now just because I bought them only a month ago, but when I do replace them i'll be getting some 285's. As far as the exhaust goes, i'm looking into getting a dual exhaust so it should be higher after that.

looks great...

i'm just wondering if the negatives of running a 1.5" spacer are that bad bc i've been contemplating on whether or not to do it and i realllly don't wanna mess up anything

also do you have the springs all the way around or just up front?

Except for putting more stress on your wheel bearings, the spacers are a good upgrade, and are definitely worth it in my opinion. As far as the spring lift goes, I have a 2.5 inch lift up front and a 1.5 inch lift in the rear.

looks sweet man... what year and make did you order your body lift by?

Looks great man, good job!!

Your ex looks sick. Love the fourth pic; a ford sitting higher and meaner then a GM, the way it should be.

Love it, what size tires are those?

Maybe it is just me, but where is your rear bumper? Not the cosmetic plastic part, but the hitch receiver/rear bumper. That piece is an integral part of your frame and I noticed in your comparison shot that it's not there.

Maybe it is just me, but where is your rear bumper? Not the cosmetic plastic part, but the hitch receiver/rear bumper. That piece is an integral part of your frame and I noticed in your comparison shot that it's not there.

Good eye.

Yeah man your Ex looks good, but where the hell is the hitch?

looks sweet man... what year and make did you order your body lift by?

I used the same body lift that RoadBully used, a Performance Accesories1998-2000 Ranger body lift, part # 883

Yeah i know its not there, I just needed my X to get to work tomorow, so I plan on putting it on either tomorow night or the next night.

Love it, what size tires are those?

265/75/16's. I put them on right after my spring lift and they looked great but now with the body lift it looks like i'm going to have to eventually upgrade to 285's to fill up some space in the wheel well

I'll be keeping these tires for now just because I bought them only a month ago, but when I do replace them i'll be getting some 285's. As far as the exhaust goes, i'm looking into getting a dual exhaust so it should be higher after that.

great idea man! now that uve got the body higher, running duals thru the back over the diff (and not under:thumbdwn:) will look much better... looks great and post pics of the exhaust when u get it put on:thumbsup:

Yeah i definitely will

I think the spacers were a wise decision.

With a lift on a 3 gen not only is the center of gravity higher, but the taller springs also bring the track of the wheels inward, making the wheel track narrower.

The spacer should even out at least the fault of the independent suspension (making the track narrower with a lift) and some of the body lift to make the truck more stable.

I do feel sorry for your wheel bearings though. The bearings are already prone to early failure on just a stock. What a screw up on Ford's part. I wish we could install different, stronger hubs.

Can you post the links to where you got the lifted springs, the wheel spacers, and the tires?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back