Top Speed In 08 Exploer EB V6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Top Speed In 08 Exploer EB V6

spencer785

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 EB 4x4 V6
Hi there just wondering i have a 08 explorer v6 and was wondering is there a rev limiter or top speed limiter and if there is what is the limit thanks for any help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yep the same as in the v8 explorer.... 100 mph. there are tools such as ecu programmers to remove this but the pricetag for one of those are around 380 dollars unless someone is willing to sell you one but bamachips is a good one to go with other than that you have hypertech for now

Hi there just wondering i have a 08 explorer v6 and was wondering is there a rev limiter or top speed limiter and if there is what is the limit thanks for any help

Yes there is. Just to be sure you are not driving a sportscar. But handing the reigns back to a Pony Boy is so much fun.

I know that I speak for the majority here when i say "why are you taking a 6,000lb suv and driving fast enough to want to know the top end speed?" You want to die, or are you just trying to kill someone else?

yep the same as in the v8 explorer.... 100 mph. there are tools such as ecu programmers to remove this but the pricetag for one of those are around 380 dollars unless someone is willing to sell you one but bamachips is a good one to go with other than that you have hypertech for now

100???? My 03 Mounty is limited at 112mph....which will be upped once I get it tuned. At 112mph she still had some room to go; pulled hard the whole way through.

100???? My 03 Mounty is limited at 112mph....which will be upped once I get it tuned. At 112mph she still had some room to go; pulled hard the whole way through.

I cant speak for anyone else, but coming from a mustang family i would say who ever goes that fast on suv has lost their marbles!!!!
NOT only you are endangering yourself but others that surround you!
if you actually think going 112mph and youre in control, you are making a huge mistake. Slight shake of your wheel or tiny little bump and you become another statistic of wreckless idiots!!!!

.....................Just an opinion..............................

I agree. why do you want to go so fast in a SUV?:eek:

105-110, 4.6 3V. The speedo is hard to read accurately sitting still, let alone at those speeds. When they first came out it was reported that the limit was 98. I guess they've just stuck with the tire limit like usual.

+1 on my 08 Ex.

105-110, 4.6 3V. The speedo is hard to read accurately sitting still, let alone at those speeds.
Yup. My 00 SOHC V6 does 107 and its pretty much stock performance wise. The spedo said 112ish, but my scangauge said 107. Scangauge is much more accurate :thumbsup:

Back