Where to hook relay?

bigapple

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Baton Rouge LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLS Touring
i finally installed my hydrogen generation cell after much headache and money spent... ive abandoned this forum for a bit to research with HHOforums.com but now i come back with a question and am bringing mpg results ASAP

where is a good place to hook my relay for my generator that only comes on when the engine is running? i understand what comes on when the car is on but i was wondering if anyone knows what color wire to look for that is close to the airbox (preferably)... if not the airbox, than anywhere else is fine... i was thinking ignition wire would be the best and i know where to find it under the steering column since i installed a remote starter but id rather not have to route the wire back into the car if the relay is under the hood

thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fuel pump relay! In my 1994 Ex the switched output is green/yellow and located right next the airbox.

If you use this relay as the trigger instead of an On/Off switch, the hho generator circuit will operate only when the truck is running. (no dead batteries!)

Good luck!

Fuel pump relay! In my 1994 Ex the switched output is green/yellow and located right next the airbox.

If you use this relay as the trigger instead of an On/Off switch, the hho generator circuit will operate only when the truck is running. (no dead batteries!)

Good luck!

any idea where it is in a 3rd gen? or is it typically the same? thanx for the advice:thumbsup:

if it was me i would want to do it manually from inside. If something goes wrong you can shutdown. What x do you have? I had to stop work on mine due to work and I have not heard much feed back on the X's. Keep us posted.

The Bosch relay unravelled (Fuel pump energized circuit)

I originally ran a 12 VDC + jumper from the switched (ON) output of the Fuel Pump Relay to a 2nd 30 amp relay that triggers the HHO cell circuit. (original configuration was just a wire with the end inserted into the empty relay socket with the relay then inserted to hold it in place)

The switched (On) output of the Fuel Pump relay should be the horizontal slot on the bottom front of the BOSCH relay. (with relay installed)

Here is a link to "The Bosch relay unravelled"

http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/projects/bosch/relay.htm

I found the proper wire Green/Yellow 1994 EXPLORER (Under the underdash fuse panel) by popping the cover off then the base and following the relay leads to the wires on the underside.

I hope this info helps! Either solution would work. (Ones just neater) :)

One day the ambitious will rule the world!

if it was me i would want to do it manually from inside. If something goes wrong you can shutdown. What x do you have? I had to stop work on mine due to work and I have not heard much feed back on the X's. Keep us posted.

im going to have two switches spliced for the relay thru the same wire... for example, if i want to just run it for testing, ill flip the switch (which is mounted in my glovebox rite now)... but if i would just rather it run when the car is started, ill leave the switch on that goes to the fuel pump relay and itll turn itself on when the car is started... so hopefully all will go well with this setup

Been there done that. :)

I left the HHO circuit ON and killed the battery. "Dee Dee Dee"

This is why I created a circuit that only operated when the truck was running. :hammer:

Tribute! :smokinfro: Heres to my Homie " Parrish T Hills" the BF I ever had! (er, known) :salute:

i finally installed my hydrogen generation cell after much headache and money spent... ive abandoned this forum for a bit to research with HHOforums.com but now i come back with a question and am bringing mpg results ASAP

where is a good place to hook my relay for my generator that only comes on when the engine is running? i understand what comes on when the car is on but i was wondering if anyone knows what color wire to look for that is close to the airbox (preferably)... if not the airbox, than anywhere else is fine... i was thinking ignition wire would be the best and i know where to find it under the steering column since i installed a remote starter but id rather not have to route the wire back into the car if the relay is under the hood

thoughts?

A relay alone will not work. You need a Pulse Width Modulator with a gauge like this one ** company name and link removed**

The reason being is the cell will go into runaway mode as it heats up and will draw so much amperage that the cell will eventually boil the water or melt the container.

** company name and link removed **

ive never had a problem with mine just running off of a 30a relay, i put a manual kill switch between the relay and hho unit, so if i want it off, i can shut it off.

Back