Wanted - electric fuel pump to replace in-tank fuel pump | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted electric fuel pump to replace in-tank fuel pump

Parts or services wanted

firewolfm

Reaction score
City, State
Albrightsville,PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94' X Sport, '92' XLT
I am curious to know if anyone has done any modifications to the fuel delivery system in a 91-94 X with a 4.0L What I am trying to do is to eliminate the in tank fuel pump and replace it with an electic (frame mount) fuel pump?
If anyone has preformed this alteration I would like to have some technical advise as to how to proceed? pictures would help or an explicit explanation step by step would also work for me.:D
I'm pretty sure I originally posted this question in the wrong place, but I got almost an instant reply to look into the BroncoII models and Ranger models in the mid 80's?
the poster came from someone who hadn't actually done this job, but had heard of it being done? I would prefer some practical knowledge if at all possibly,so if you have done this or can direct me to someone who has completed this modifications it would be greatly appreciated...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need a sump inside of the fuel tank with a sock style filter sleeve. It will go to the external pump which is mounted under the body of the truck. Another plain line is the return line which goes back into the tank. You will still use the stock fuel filter. Those frame mounted pumps are usually about twice the price of the in tank pump.

...To be safe, you can drop the tank for it's one last time...;)

Back