RCD shock and mount numbers. | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RCD shock and mount numbers.

Cmax:

very sorry to hear about your hip problem, I sure hope your not in any pain
and that your up and around soon !!

I'm leaning towards the non res 6.5's ,OR perhaps a custom 7" radflo with 850 lb springs.
With the radflo,you have a choice of a 7/8" shaft, I'm just trying to find out the complete projected dimentions of a 7" radflo shock ?

if you do decide to go with radflo pm me. a good friend is a dealer and can get a discount.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I took a pic of the drivers side Bumpstop, it seems like theres not enough gap,but I'm not sure about it ?

I've been trying to get the pic smaller to post it,but it's not working out too well. sure wish I could email it to someone to take a look at it ?

thanks,
I was trying photoshop,and pictureProject,then gave nero a shot and found it was easy to do it in !
Hey man I wouldn't worry about it. That looks just like mine. If your really concerened, just drive up one of your front wheels on something so your coil-over compresses, get out and take a look. I would take a picture for you but when I offered to compair yours to mine it slipped my mind that my engine, RCD drop down bracket, rack-n-pinion, LCAs, and pretty much the whole front end of my truck is in pieces for my rack swap out for a gear box.

I'm currently out of commission at the moment. Total hip replacment, yeah not fun. Anyways, I have lots of time now so I'm going to spend a few days updating everything on here.

A few months on the offroading probably, still need to finish up a few mods.

Basically, the 2" Warrior Shackles lift is the additional ride height gained from upgrading from the stock shackles. WP Application List

CMAX
Sorry to hear about your hip bro, I know how bad joints can be and I only had ACL reconstruction. Thanks for the info on the shackles, didn't realize they were for ~1" of lift. Guess I should have known. Appreciate the link.

integrax97, I'm still interrested in what you did with your rear on your Ranger.

So I haven't had a ton of miles on my RCD lift, but what's all the fuss about stiffer coil-overs from the RCD ones? The kit's coil-overs felt pretty good to me. Is the v8 really that much heavier? what's the curb weight of a 4x4 4dr vs a awd v8?

I have an aal in the rear and chevy shackels

I have an aal in the rear and chevy shackels
The rangers have the shackels on the outside of the frame dont they, not underneath like our Xs?

The are underneath the rear bed of the truck near the rear bumper attached to the frame. I think thats what you are asking

I started on the rear 1st.......

Going back to SUA.........but lifted !
I have Superlift 4" springs,and 5100 series shocks on order,as well as a new Superlift U-Bolt pkg./and Warrior Products U-Bolt Skidplate for the Explorer
read some posts on the size of the U-Bolts....,I wound up ordering
3-1/4" gap X 10" long X 9-1/16" thread.
the 5100 rear shocks spec out at 29.7" extended / 17.9" collapsed
superlift gave me the specs on there explorer 4" lift shocks....in the superlift kit,the superlift shocks were 30" extended / 17" collapsed ....
{I was tild unless I'm catching air........it won't be a problem.}

should be a few weeks from getting the rear parts.
and I'm not going airborn :D
this will bring the rear down no doubt {maybe 2" or slightly more ?}

my X was just WAY-TOO high and there was no travel at all.....extremly bad ride as the rear springs flattened out badly.and the front was maxed out to match rear height

a few months down the road
I then plan to get 7-1/2"-8" Radflo's and new coils {i'm starting to make some calls}14" 750 may be nice, but would be custom.

everything was in stock except the Warrior skidplates with shock mount.
these won't ship for a few weeks,hopefully I get them before my vacation next month !

if anyone is intersted in a custom shock tower like this for your coilover conversions let me know...

Attachments

• exposhock1.jpg
    exposhock1.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 482

Any help would be great i have a 04 ranger 4x4 and if it would be cheaper than buying a superlift kit how mouch would it cost to just do the front end coil over converstion?

If you're looking for lift you still need all the drop brackets you know.

yeah so it would be better to buy the superlift kit then go from there? or is there a way i can order just the drop brackets and hardware?

Superlift will sell you the parts. They are a really good company, offering to do that. But those shocks mounts that carlover is showing will not work with a 4wd.

i know those shocks wont work...im talking about the RCD coilovers for the 02 rangers

I wanted to update my project {4" lift SUA rear} with the 4" superlift springs,and superlift U-Bolts {10"} and warrior U-Bolt skidplates,
The box-kit with longer swaybar connects,and the needed spring bushings,as well as a new hellwig rear bar kit !! and Bilstein 5125 shocks {rear}

the only problem I had was that the 10" superlift U-Bolts were too long,or more to the point,the threaded section was too short.I needed a plate below my skidplate {nuts mounted below both plates} as there was not enough threads on the U-Bolts.....{I'll be changing the U-Bolts down the road as it doesn't look right witth the nuts hanging below the skidplates}

This lowered the rear about 2 inches, I then turned the spanner nut on the RCD front coilover shocks and lowered it to match the rear.

with that said,it's a bit soft and now rubs a bit.

I'll be ordereing 6.5" Fox emulsion coilover shocks with 300 lb nitrogen
and either 800,or 850 lb springs soon !
As well as those spacers.

rides much better,but one of my front shocks is done from being frozen for so long ?, making allot of noise

I'll be ordereing 6.5" Fox emulsion coilover shocks with 300 lb nitrogen
and either 800,or 850 lb springs soon !

Bill, I chose 800 lb springs primarily as a response to posts in this thread. If you've been keeping up with my own mod (re: this thread http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217561 see post #69) I've found that 800 lbs is too stiff and am going to back off to 750lb springs. I'd think long and hard before going all the way up to 850 lbs. You may be right, but then again.....

beat me to it carlover!
After x mas I am doing this to my 96, so sick of the 96 t bars

im running a set of thier 2.5 18" in the rear of my expo right now. They are an awesome shock for the price, and thier customer service is second to none. I will be running a set of thier 2.5 10" coilovers in the front with my long travel kit in a few months also...

so funny on DR because the FOA shock thread started out about 1.5 years ago and people are all like, your shocks suck, they will never work, weak, etc etc etc and then about 10 pages later nothing but "When are the new ones coming out" "these shocks are awesome for the $$$" etc etc etc

I will rock some of these on my 96, if I like them enough then I will consider them for my BII, 2.5" 14" c/o up front, and 16-18" 2.5 smoothies out back

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so funny on DR because the FOA shock thread started out about 1.5 years ago and people are all like, your shocks suck, they will never work, weak, etc etc etc and then about 10 pages later nothing but "When are the new ones coming out" "these shocks are awesome for the $$$" etc etc etc

I will rock some of these on my 96, if I like them enough then I will consider them for my BII, 2.5" 14" c/o up front, and 16-18" 2.5 smoothies out back

Thats DR for you. Im going to race on them, some fabtech spindles with 9" of travel just to prove to people i can get a finish out of it. Then ill upgrade to long travel front and go for the podium..

Back