Weird Crusie Control Problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Weird Crusie Control Problem

ricklee4570

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
In the mornings, my cruise control wont work until I have driven about 10 miles. When I go to work early in the morning, it wont work no matter what I do. As soon as I have driven around 10 miles, it will work just fine.

When I get off of work, it is fine. If I dont have to work and I leave the house later in the afternoon, it works just fine.

The only time it does not work is real early in the morning first thing until you go about 10 miles.

Very strange! Any ideas??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never experience this, but perhaps a touch of condensation around the cc elec connectors?

Excellent thinking! Then once the engine heats it up it tends to dry it out. You might be right. I will check all the conenctions (if I can find them!)

Thanks!

You might have a small crack/hole in the vacuum hose connected to the cruise control servo, and maybe that's letting in condensation. i'm also wondering if maybe it's not keeping a solid vacuum, and when it warms up it expands? possible sealing it off and thus allowing vacuum. just an idea.. good luck

Ditto, check thr vacuum line.

And check that the brake pedal actuating plate is seating firmly on the dump valve.:usa:

Back