Oxygen sensor replacement question? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oxygen sensor replacement question?

Anyone else change the front O2 sensors on a SOHC?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why don't you just get under there and look al, they've told you how to do it, it's not exactly rocket science someone with your knowledge should be able to do this pretty easily

He'll keep bumping until someone posts at least 15 pictures and sends him the tools in which to do it via UPS.

Why don't you just get under there and look al, they've told you how to do it, it's not exactly rocket science someone with your knowledge should be able to do this pretty easily

Kinda hard right now; recovering from surgery.

1998 SOHC has the secret hatch, but it's only good for the two downstream (aft) sensors and connectors.

He'll keep bumping until someone posts at least 15 pictures and sends him the tools in which to do it via UPS.

LOL, even then it may not be enough. Oil analysis, random double blind studies with greater than 100,000 experimental groups, and a MPG average rating of 35 while towing and going uphill would be required to attain trust. Until then...advice will be refused. Note: oil analysis must be done by a Ford tech or a laboratory technician endorsed by amsoil to be valid. :p:

JTsmith- Thanks for the pics and another great how-to thread! It helped a ton when I replaced by bros O2 sensors! :chug:

JTsmith- Thanks for the pics and another great how-to thread! It helped a ton when I replaced by bros O2 sensors! :chug:

Werd! I've got mine appart. Now I just have to get the sensors out.

Back