Nate1

All 4 wheels locked
Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville/Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 FZJ-80
Hello Xers. Been a while since I've been around these parts, I know :salute:

Pretty soon now I'm going to be installing a bigger lift, steel bumper, winch, 35" tires, 4.88 pinon, etc in my Lexus. With my engine driven OBA setup I can comfortably drop the pressure in my tires and air back up as needed rather quickly, but I'm getting worried about sidewall integrity and getting pressure low enough.

On that note, do any of you hardcore wheelers have staun internal beadlocks, or have you tried them? They are DOT approved and apparently balance especially easy with beads. They can also be added to any wheel you've got on your truck, and don't change the look of it at all.

Only one guy on the landcruiser forums had run them, and not at all on a DD, so I'm curious to see if any of you guys have em.

Thanks in advance! (and kudos to any of you that can remember me from years ago) :biggthump
-----Nate

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice to see you here again

Glad to see the upgrades that are about to happen.

If i am correct DB_1 has them but didnt install them for some reason......not sure but then again he may have them on there ???? I would check with him

:wavey: Hey Burns.

I poke my head in the buildup areas from time to time to see how crazy the regulars are getting with their stuff. I'm never disappointed :D

I'll shoot DB_1 a PM in a few days if he doesn't see this thread. I ran a cursory search first and I think I remember his name coming up.

I have to confess my heavy 6000lb butt is gonna be hard for an Ex to drag up trails if I get hung up, so hopefully I'll have a winch and bumper in by then. Not that I'm saying I get stuck often or anything :shifty_ey

Hokie mentioned shaggy hair and I thought of you.

Oh no! It's all gone... I had a mohawk for a while :eek: but now it's just buzzed :monkey:

I'll make an effort to pop in here more often and eventually I'm sure I'll tag along for a EF trail run assuming you guys can tolerate having an FZJ80 in your midst :D

By the way, how's that built 5L holding up? I remember that thing was pretty sweet when I was watching your buildup of it.

Still not running these, but we had a guy run a set and he really seemed to like them.

There's also these made in the US:
http://www.innerairlock.com/

I have a set of the Stauns but I never installed them...well I tried to install one for mock up but decided not to run them. I've heard good things about them once installed though. You can run 0 psi in the tire as long as you have the inner tube aired to their recommended psi.
There was a thread on Pirate where someone used low profile tires from like a small import car with an inner tube and it worked as good as the Stauns.

Back