All Tennessee Members Please Post Here!!! | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All Tennessee Members Please Post Here!!!

I ended up going to play poker in Antioch instead.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I busted the explorer pretty good. Broke the steering in half. Had 0 steering. Had to be pulled off the course by a front end loader. Bummer indeed.

Broken.jpg

Also bent a shock just a little. I needed to put the new ones on anyways. The old superlift shocks were too short.

Bent-Shock.jpg

Woolys is repoened and Wheeling in the country is also reopened. A few guys from my local club went to golden mountain last weekend and said it was some good wheelin... Mine is a few weeks from being done, I cant wait and get out and do some wheeling.

Vozar

I busted the explorer pretty good. Broke the steering in half. Had 0 steering. Had to be pulled off the course by a front end loader. Bummer indeed.

Broken.jpg

Also bent a shock just a little. I needed to put the new ones on anyways. The old superlift shocks were too short.

Bent-Shock.jpg

Looks like it is time for some heims and heavy duty steering!!! Holler at me at work if u need some shocks.....

I had a new set of bds shock that matched the front which were never installed. Golden Mt is a few miles from my house. Been there but never hit much of the trails. I liked what i have seen of it

i am in heiskell ,just outside of knoxville.came from rolla mo.originally from michigan.new to the area no 4x4 friends.also my x is on blocks cuz i can't seem to get the tranny up past the exhaust and the hump.iam on ramps in the front and stands in the back.i have taken out the panel in the floor,even sawzalled the floor some but i am still in a bad way.can anyone help me .i will take all suggestions seriously thanks.rob,

Hey guys my name is Al and im new to the site and just picked up a 98 x sport. I live in Memphis. Its cool to see so many modified xplorers. Everybody keep up the good work.

Hey fat mans sport i will be moving to memphis next fall to go to school.

Damn, be careful down there Burns. Thats a nasty city to live in.

U of M right, its good school. Ive been in Memohis for 13 years and it is rough in certain places for sure but its not all bad

Im trying to think of the place. Its not actually Memphis but it has a Memphis street address. Its a nicer area of town. If you know where Forest Hill Irene Rd and Whinchester Rd intersection is then your really close to where ill be

oh yeah Ive heard of that its out near Collierville, thats a pretty good area, its got a lot nice people

Collierville rings a bell but so does Gremantown.... Humm ill have to look it up

I'm originally from TN, moved out here to Abilene, TX a few years ago an I'm moving back to the Knoxville area in roughly 2 weeks

Moved from Indiana and am now in Knoxville Tennessee!
94 Limited awaiting abuse

Just moved back to Knoxville LAST NIGHT, good to be home.

knoxville here... B2 though! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I guess I'll chime in, too. My name is Tony and i'm 31. I'm new to the 4x4 scene, but have been through alot of rough trails on my old dirt bikes. Royal Blue, Windrock, but mostly lived up at Tellico/State Line/Bald River Falls.

I bought a 2001 Explorer XLS 4x4 about a month ago. By no means am I wanting to climb walls, but i'd like to sneak back in through some access trails and see whats going on and possibly bring the girlfriend and dog to have some cheap fun/entertainment.

The XLS was stock when I got it, but it looks like the previous owner put some 235/75/15 Goodyear Mud Terrians on it...it's a pretty deep and "luggy" tread.

I turne the front bars up just a little after reading and searching around on this forum. Then I noticed the back sitting lower....looked awful. I went to AutoZone and bought those 16$ shackles. I read about the Warriors, but honestly, thats too hardcore for what i'm gonna be doing. I ended up putting them in the middle of the 3 holes, so now the truck is nice and level...looks good.

My only other "fix" is that I put in a stereo system, but needed it somewhat stealthy and still be able to use alot of the cargo area and fold the seats down.

I installed two amplifiers under the back seat(angle/mounted where the seats would still lay flat), and built a 2.1 cube sealed box on the pass. side that sits 1/2 way on the tire hump. I put two Kicker 10's in the box, and replaced all the door speakers with Kicker 6x8's. The amplifiers are a Kicker 50x4 and a Hifonics 600x1. I'm using the stock in dash cd player/radio and just used a line out converter for the wires and ran the wires back up behind the radio.

I was able to find some very similar grey carpet at WalMart and coverd the box with that.

Anyways, sorry to ramble on but just checking in to say HI and see if anyone is going any where local from time to time.

Back