Pic Request- Your Explorer Towing | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pic Request- Your Explorer Towing

Ill start the show with my pic-

trucks_010_Medium_.jpg

trucks_013_Medium_.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

....My hitch sets 3-4" below my stock bumper....It allows me to use my adjustable hitch up to about 8" of drop....I usually end up at about 7"...A 12"-14" drop is going to cost a pretty penney...Can you return your 10"???

....My hitch also makes a good skid plate...:D

..My setup...
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1916928&postcount=74

sort019wr8.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Is that a rollback pic from when the seal blown? If so you didnt coat your underbody like mine did :)

Yeah hitch is actually higher than the stock bumper ball would be. I almost did a set up like you but i dont want to have it under there. Plus the new bumper has it build in

...Yea, my Rangers windshield is dirty but, My pillars are the same color as my truck...:p:

:p::p::p::p::p::p::p:

I know i know lol i have been meaning to do that. I may get it done after the sale of the drive in is finished

...But your X looks sharp...:biggthump

...You could always put a hitch tight up under that bumper and leave a clevis in the bumper hole...:dunno:

I dont want the drag. I was dragging my stock height bumper as it was. This one is almost 1.5 inches higher

...Plate it like a swamp buggy...:D

Were gonna custom make (well make the one in the pic) a 15" drop.

is what towed my race trailer b4 i got my explorer also gonna get a bigger trailer since i got my exlporer

003.jpg

Here's the trailer I pull. It's a 1967 that we picked up just for hunting and did a SOA with longer spring hangers so we could get it into some of our favorite spots. A weight distribution hitch is next on the list.

Attachments

• Trailerpulling005.jpg
    Trailerpulling005.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 2,634

Here is my 05 Sport Trac pulling my 05 Interstate Cargo 6x14 trailer. The picture is taken in Wyoming during a 3 hour stop after a huge wreck, during our move to Kentucky.
I bought the trailer primarily to move, and if I get another bike. That's my wife's Jetta behind me.
wyomingstop1.jpg

...Looking good...:D

..But why Kentucky, and isn't that black truck a little close to your wifes bumper..:wtf:

...Looking good...:D

..But why Kentucky, and isn't that black truck a little close to your wifes bumper..:wtf:

Why Kentucky? I'm asking myself that more now, lol.
Job offer. I've been flying helicopters for a school in Oregon for a little over a year. A coal mining company bought a new helicopter and I delivered it out here. Then the owner offered me a job to fly for him full time for salary and benefits, etc. It beats the low hourly pay I was getting (only billable time), and I didn't want to get stuck there in the winter again when the weather turns and there is little flight time to be had (ie no money).
Kentucky seems nice, but we are bored out of our minds so far... We'll see how I feel in a year. All I know is it's nice to get a decent steady paycheck.

...Good thinking..:biggthump

...Good luck with the new job and all and keep posting pics of your truck and some more of it Towing...;)

...And now back to our regularly scheduled thread...:salute:

I've been flying helicopters for a school in Oregon for a little over a year.

Is that up in Portland? My buddy went to school there. Justin B Jones. He pilots for PJ Helicopters here in Red Bluff now. :cool:

Is that up in Portland? My buddy went to school there. Justin B Jones. He pilots for PJ Helicopters here in Red Bluff now. :cool:

The school was Hillsboro Aviation, both on the East and West side of Portland. So most likely the same place.
I don't recognize the name but there were SO many students and instructors cycling through all the time.

Back