Work in progress, TONS of pics. | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Work in progress, TONS of pics.

I want to Give you props, That Sounds and looks Great. I wish I had enough Time and money to Accomplish something of that magnitude... I don't want to run in to you on a Race Track with that Truck... or on the street for that matter :)

I give you a A+++ lol :biggthump

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I want to Give you props, That Sounds and looks Great. I wish I had enough Time and money to Accomplish something of that magnitude... I don't want to run in to you on a Race Track with that Truck... or on the street for that matter :)

I give you a A+++ lol :biggthump

Thank you Chris.

We have not completed the tuning... so I really have not got a feel of the power yet. But I can tell she is going to rip... :thumbsup:

So, it's been 4 months since you updated this thread...I'm drooling over here! :)

How's she running?

So, it's been 4 months since you updated this thread...I'm drooling over here! :)

How's she running?

Well I just replaced the torque converter and the motor is actually on a motor stand right now and have been to lazy to put it back in these last two weeks. Ill probably start this week.

I kinda also want to wait to get the better flowing blower case and port match the intake then throw it all back together... But shes looking great in the garage :)

I was also having some tuning problems... my fuel trims were way off and could not figure it out for the life of me.... well I just noticed that my 02's were way off... one was way up stream and the other way down stream.... guys who built my duals did this and I didn't even notice. So now im excited to get her back together and finish her up!!!

It's good to hear from you Alex. That sounds promising for your truck, it will be better than before. I've paid a deposit for a 347 for mine, in 4-6 weeks it may be headed to me. Regards,

It's good to hear from you Alex. That sounds promising for your truck, it will be better than before. I've paid a deposit for a 347 for mine, in 4-6 weeks it may be headed to me. Regards,

Good to hear from you also Don. I have been out of commission for a little... but will get back into it soon. That 347 should be lots of fun!!! Your going SC right?

Yes, but I am after a higher compression, in case I don't get the KB on it, or can use it later for my LSC.

Well I finally ordered my better flowing MPX blower case for my SC. Should take delivery in about two weeks. It's a second gen of MPX cases. The rotors will sit lower to tighten the tolerance. Apart from lower rotors the case is ported and redesigned in many ways and flows much better. It's just what the doctor ordered for an over spun M90.

what an unbelieveable thread, you Sir are a tireless genius, I'm so impressed with your efforts, bravo bravo
Scotty

what an unbelieveable thread, you Sir are a tireless genius, I'm so impressed with your efforts, bravo bravo
Scotty

Why thank you Sir! :thumbsup:

Well I got the new revised MPX III case. Nice set of lungs!

once I get the stocker off ill do some comparison pictures.

MPXIII.jpg

MPXIII2.jpg

MPXIII5.jpg

MPXIII3.jpg

MPXIII4.jpg

MPXIII6.jpg

MPXIII7.jpg

hi

hi

Nice, clean new parts. We love seeing those. How's it going Alex, you have plenty of nice weather there don't you?

Nice, clean new parts. We love seeing those. How's it going Alex, you have plenty of nice weather there don't you?

Yes sure do. Well it depends on what one likes. Right now its on the colder side, but I like it. It rained last night some, plants loved it :). Just had my new baby boy on non other than election day the 4th. So ill be pretty busy for now on between my baby, X and a new DSM project I got going on.

But im REALLY excited to get this new case on the blower. My over spun blower is going to LOVE the bigger set of lungs, now to shoot for the M90 whp record ;). I have a feeling with it NICELY tuned I hope to get into the 11 sec arena, wont be bad for a 4,800pnd no nitrous DD thumper ;). But only time will tell...

Wow i just checked out the entire thread and am impressed.

Keep it up man. I will now be checking back to see what happens when it is all together

Wonderful, congratulations on the little boy. Don't get too far ahead of me, I can't make up six seconds.

Just read through this entire thread. Very impressive work. I look forward the end product.

Thanks guys.

Well I got my SC apart and here is the difference in the two cases. As you can see the Magnum Powers one will flow much better. And it is made of stronger material so it won't bend under HIGH rpm's. The rotors also sit a little lower to tighten up the tolerance.

Some work will need to be done to the inlet part of the intake to get the case to match up nicely.

MPXIIID.jpg

MPXIIIE.jpg

MPXIIIA.jpg

Here you can see the ears of the case much wider than the intake. Quite a bit of material will have to be added to the intake.

MPXIIIB.jpg

MPXIIIC.jpg

Inlet differences:

MPXIIIF.jpg

MPXIIIJ.jpg

Outlet:

MPXIIII.jpg

MPXIIIG.jpg

MPXIIIH.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting. I am amazed that under boost little restrictions don't hurt much. The runners in the intake bend very tight in the Cobra and Lightning manifolds. I was trying to plan a custom intake with nice straight runners etc. I hope the turbo piping etc. is similar for its needs. Keep going Alex, you are getting close.

Back