Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com

JCUZ, you didn't make the distinction between the OZ brand and U.S. brand. And my question is if you're not using RBs product yet, how can you guarantee it will work for you as expected?

Roadbully, there is no gag order. As a vendor, what you say has sway to or from your products. Members that prefer your products will gladly point to them, and normally in a positive manner... You didn't bash anything, but your input leads to the obvious - "Is there something less expensive?"

This thread is Coilsprings.com... And yes, I defend this thread because the product works well. When there are flaws in Coilspings.com (U.S.) they should be posted - especially if it's negative.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This thread is Coilsprings.com... And yes, I defend this thread because the product works well. When there are flaws in Coilspings.com (U.S.) they should be posted - especially if it's negative.

Ok here's some negative,
1.) They dont achieve advertised lift.
2.) They are stiffer than stock springs (this means less flex)
3.) They are pricey compared to other lifts on the market.

I guess my main issue is the stiffness, I'm all about off road capability. And these hurt your ability to flex.
Here's another opinion of mine: I believe they were a pretty good product when we had no other option..........now we do. So read this thread and the others and decide which is best for you.

Smooth! I don't disagree...

I forgot something,
4.) The springs settle.
I started out achieving about 2" from my 2.5" springs. I'm down to about 1.5" now. Which is kinda good cause now I'm pretty much level and I dont have to install the rear lift springs I bought from you Donner. I'm just glad I didnt install them right away and waited to see if they would settle. By the way I have 1.5" rear springs for sale!
So there is something to consider also, especially if you do like me and do the fronts first. They will settle so give it time to see what you will need to make it level.

If we have more posts like yours, people will be better informed. Keep in mind that all 3rd gen lifts are new, everything needs time. PM me on how much you want for the springs... I'll be back in a bit.

1 Coilspring US don't give the advertised lift
2 King springs, the Aussie equivalant does provide the advertised lift (JCUZ was believing a 3rd parties story rather than the manufacturer,) not his fault as he hadn't been made aware of the component manufacturers statement which clearly states the lift one will achieve. www.kingsprings.com
3 RB's lift is a non compressable component which will give the lift it is sold as no question

Scotty
p.s. this is a non paid statement, either financial or sexual, LOL

Scotty - thanks for that link; for someone who prides himself on doing all the research i can, i'm shocked at myself for believing a fitter and not finding this out beforehand. this is from kingsprings site:

Please note: The following height classifications are a generalization only. Degree of lowering can vary between part numbers and vehicles. Spring design i.e. spring rate and vehicle height is relative to market demand. If exacting measurements are required for vehicle ride heights please contact King Springs.
- Front Low: Lowers vehicle approximately 30mm below standard.
- Front STD: Standard Height.
- Front Raised: Raises vehicle approximately 20mm above standard (recommended for bull bar, country driving or whenever increased ground clearance is desired).
- Rear Low: Lowers vehicle approximately 30mm below standard.
- Rear STD +:Standard height to 20mm raised.
- Rear Raised: Raises vehicle approximately 30-40mm above standard (recommended for excessive towing, load-carrying or LPG tank etc)

NOTE: Super Low coils are generally 40-50 below standard.

It then says that 4WD STD springs will achieve 10 to 20mm lift. So looks like the installer I got mine from just quoted the expected rear lift, and didn't tell me the front would be less.

Information should be posted up front....

Ok here's some negative,
1.) They dont achieve advertised lift.
2.) They are stiffer than stock springs (this means less flex)
3.) They are pricey compared to other lifts on the market.

I guess my main issue is the stiffness, I'm all about off road capability. And these hurt your ability to flex.
Here's another opinion of mine: I believe they were a pretty good product when we had no other option..........now we do. So read this thread and the others and decide which is best for you.

I forgot something,
4.) The springs settle.
I started out achieving about 2" from my 2.5" springs. I'm down to about 1.5" now. Which is kinda good cause now I'm pretty much level and I dont have to install the rear lift springs I bought from you Donner. I'm just glad I didnt install them right away and waited to see if they would settle. By the way I have 1.5" rear springs for sale!
So there is something to consider also, especially if you do like me and do the fronts first. They will settle so give it time to see what you will need to make it level.

1 Coilspring US don't give the advertised lift
2 King springs, the Aussie equivalant does provide the advertised lift (JCUZ was believing a 3rd parties story rather than the manufacturer,) not his fault as he hadn't been made aware of the component manufacturers statement which clearly states the lift one will achieve. www.kingsprings.com
3 RB's lift is a non compressable component which will give the lift it is sold as no question

Scotty
p.s. this is a non paid statement, either financial or sexual, LOL

Scotty - thanks for that link; for someone who prides himself on doing all the research i can, i'm shocked at myself for believing a fitter and not finding this out beforehand. this is from kingsprings site:

Please note: The following height classifications are a generalization only. Degree of lowering can vary between part numbers and vehicles. Spring design i.e. spring rate and vehicle height is relative to market demand. If exacting measurements are required for vehicle ride heights please contact King Springs.
- Front Low: Lowers vehicle approximately 30mm below standard.
- Front STD: Standard Height.
- Front Raised: Raises vehicle approximately 20mm above standard (recommended for bull bar, country driving or whenever increased ground clearance is desired).
- Rear Low: Lowers vehicle approximately 30mm below standard.
- Rear STD +:Standard height to 20mm raised.
- Rear Raised: Raises vehicle approximately 30-40mm above standard (recommended for excessive towing, load-carrying or LPG tank etc)

NOTE: Super Low coils are generally 40-50 below standard.

It then says that 4WD STD springs will achieve 10 to 20mm lift. So looks like the installer I got mine from just quoted the expected rear lift, and didn't tell me the front would be less.

Wow! This is all info that everyone seeking a 3rd gen lift should know... It would be nice to see this closer to, or made the first post.

Wow! This is all info that everyone seeking a 3rd gen lift should know... It would be nice to see this closer to, or made the first post.

Yes, too bad I didn't have this info prior to getting my "lift" springs; we've had to find out from experience, so paerhaps other can find out beforehand now.

I just cut and pasted it... it needs to be cleaned up tho.

Refund sent...

I forgot something,
4.) The springs settle.

Thanks Jutgin... Sorry they didn't work out for you. But it's all gooood! ;)

Sorry J,
thought I'd already showed you that, we of course know that no shock in the world will lift your vehicle 1 iota .... sadly
Scotty

Sorry J,
thought I'd already showed you that, we of course know that no shock in the world will lift your vehicle 1 iota .... sadly
Scotty

Not by themselves, but in conjunction with a lift spring, they do allow more flex (similar to if you lower a car using standard height shocks, it will be higher than if you use short throw shocks).

They will allow more travel, but your ride height will not change
Scotty

Sorry J,
Scotty

Huh?

I just skimmed over this thread and i was wondering what lift springs are recommended. Plan on getting 3" front, 2" rear. And would you recommend RB's spacers? positives and negatives? And what are the biggest wheels/tires you can put on a Ex with that kind of lift?

Great Thread, Question???

Where do I get the coil spring part numbers (front/rear) for a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4wd, 4.0l?

I have no idea where to find these numbers. I am going the coil springs.com route.

Where do I get the coil spring part numbers (front/rear) for a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4wd, 4.0l?

I have no idea where to find these numbers. I am going the coil springs.com route.

Just call your local Ford dealer and give them your VIN

Just call your local Ford dealer and give them your VIN

Thanks!

Is there a procedure for changing out the coil springs? I couldn't find one here. What size coil spring compressor do I buy?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have an '04 XLT v6. Stock except for exhaust (Flowmaster 40). I'm looking for some modifications preferably suspension. Any suggestions on what i should do?

Back