anyone got pic of 3" BL with 31's? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anyone got pic of 3" BL with 31's?

i looked at 2" on another truck and it did not look lifted 2". so, 3" it is.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yah, if i dont break my hand or somethinginstalling it. phobia of the body falling down on me when i put in the blocks. lol. ssccaarryyy.

Anymore pictures of 31s with 3 inch BL?

31" BFG's, 3" BL ;)

TT and shaq also on this

12287truck_on_top.jpg

What did you think about it at this stage?

Need bigger tires:p:

Actually I thought it looked a little odd.

Well... Hm... I'm going to get 15x8 rims so wouldn't that make it look better?

Would a 2 inch lift be a lot less hassle to install?

Would a 2 inch lift be a lot less hassle to install?
You're going to have to go through all the same work to lift 2" as you would 3". You can always just get a little bit taller tire if you don't like the look of the 3" lift, but if you don't like the 2" you have to go through all that work again to go up to 3".

+1 to Yob's post. If you're going through all the work, just go 3''.

I see no differance in 2" vs 3" as far as work. 32's should do you some good though, although I'll tell you 33's and 3.73's was kinda a pain:rolleyes:

I'm probably going to stay with 31's, I'm debating on 4.10s though.

It looks a little weird with a 3" BL with 31s though.... Maybe wider rims that make the tires stick out more will give it a different look.

The main reason for the BL is more clearance from the wheel wells.. I'm tired of rubbing on hard off-road crap.

I'm probably going to stay with 31's, I'm debating on 4.10s though.

It looks a little weird with a 3" BL with 31s though.... Maybe wider rims that make the tires stick out more will give it a different look.

The main reason for the BL is more clearance from the wheel wells.. I'm tired of rubbing on hard off-road crap.

Hey i just finished my 3in body lift last week on thursday, i also had 31's, here is a picture...
3092794_208.jpg

They didnt look bad at all but then i got my 33x12.5 A/T's on tuesday and it looks much better and i have no rubbing what so ever enen while under full compression. i also have war 153's and a TT. here is a couple pics and the gearing thing...i barely noticed any power difference going from 31's to 33's and i have 3.73 gears and a sohc.
3092794_222.jpg

3092794_224.jpg

sorry they're small but hopefully that will help you out a little bit. if you want to see alot more, bigger pics click on my cardomain link in my signature.

Anymore pictures?

Anymore pictures?

are you talking to me or anyone?

By the way-33's with 3.73's is no big deal. mine still does fine. hardly noticed a difference going from 31's to 33's. they're a/t's though so that might make a difference.

Mine are A/T's also, I'm used to them. I honestly think I'd lose too much torque. I already know I lost some with the 31's. Which gearing is good for 33's?

And I was talking to everyone. [And you.]

most people that do regear on here run 4:10's with 33's. but it costs alot of money to regear. not worth it IMO. besides, it's not a race car.

Steering Bind 3" Body Lift

When I did my 3 inch body lift, it had major steering bind when i took it for a test drive. I came back inside and searched this forum until I found my answer. (I can't seem to find exactly what thread I read it on)

On my 94 ex there is a plate on the firewall that holds the steering in place. I believe it is 4 or 5 screws. I took the screws out and had my friend push the plate down while i ran self tapping screws to secure it in its new location. I took it for a drive an my steering was good as new. I did have a little gap at the top of the plate from moving it down. I just filled it in with rtv sealant. Not all explorers came with that plate cause I am pretty sure that my 92 parts explorer does have one. I hope this helps someone out! If anyone needs any pictures of the plate on the firewall that I am talking about just let me know and I will take pictures for you.

I have a 3 inch body lift, 1 inch stacked washers under the front coil seats, and an add a leaf in the rear. The tires are 235/75/r15's I am getting 32" tires probably before the end of the year

picture.php

Gah, I have a feeling these 31's are gonna be way too small after a 3".................

I'd prefer to stay with 31's, I don't have the $ to re-gear right now... I'm already hating the torque I lost. Maybe a 2" would be better?.......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gah, I have a feeling these 31's are gonna be way too small after a 3".................

I'd prefer to stay with 31's, I don't have the $ to re-gear right now... I'm already hating the torque I lost. Maybe a 2" would be better?.......

I was just looking at your truck and it sais you got the TT and Warrior's. If your going to be keeping the 31's I would put the stock shackles back on and reverse the TT and just run the BL with the tires you got and they wont look too small.:thumbsup: :D

Back