someone wanna help a new explorer owner? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

someone wanna help a new explorer owner?

beakermike

Reaction score
so i insured and registered my explorer today, and was sitting waiting for my boss when i put it into 4wd low.

now its stuck there.

ive tried tapping/holding the brakes when i put it back into 4wd in both park and neutral.

ive tried rolling it very slowly in neutral seeing if the gears would jsut match up but nothing.

so i had to drive home from work and its clearly not in low, unless it does like 60kph comfortably in low, without being redlined to ****. but it is in some sort of 4wd, you could tell when i was parking it.

on the way home the O/D light was flashing.

anyone experienced this before? some tips on fixing it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

put truck in neutral and step on brake then push button to 2 wd or auto you did not say what year it is

so i insured and registered my explorer today, and was sitting waiting for my boss when i put it into 4wd low.

now its stuck there.

ive tried tapping/holding the brakes when i put it back into 4wd in both park and neutral.

ive tried rolling it very slowly in neutral seeing if the gears would jsut match up but nothing.

so i had to drive home from work and its clearly not in low, unless it does like 60kph comfortably in low, without being redlined to ****. but it is in some sort of 4wd, you could tell when i was parking it.

on the way home the O/D light was flashing.

anyone experienced this before? some tips on fixing it?
O/D fuse could be blown. This would keep you from using the overdrive gear. Check the fuses in the engine compartment. Could be blown.

put truck in neutral and step on brake then push button to 2 wd or auto you did not say what year it is

Bingo. I had to do that with my sisters 99 Explorer.

I assume the 4Low light is still on? I had to use 4Low in my 01 Ranger once and it didn't seem to like going much past about 30mph or so. Of course, it could have been the heavy, wet, blowing snow and driving in the dark too :D

-Melon

welcome

Back