• Register Today It's free!

Locked the keys in!

AJC

Reaction score
City, State
Ruckersville, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Ranger
I just got a 94 Ranger! I goofed- I locked my keys in the truck. What's the best way to get into my truck without busting my window or calling a locksmith??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha it happens. I would just call the cops honestly. You can dial 911 if you don't have any other number for a dispatch, just immediately tell them its not a life threatening emergency. They should be able to come and jimmy the door open......might ask for some ID at most just so u know

If you have the sliding rear glass, try to pull it apart. My old 93, the adesive on the latch trim had rotted away, making it easy to pull the two windows apart.

hooray for coded entry ^_^ lol srry im not much help

use your fm antenna as a slim jim and pop the lock..

Might want to start looking under the fenders and near the spare tire. Perhaps the previous owner left a hide a key somewhere on the vehicle. I keep on inside my frame on my truck for instances just like this.

Also, if you have AAA, or a friend that has it, they'll come pop it open for free. If you aren't the one with AAA, just get the friend to come over, and say y'all took the truck and he's riding with you.

welcome

X2 on the sliding rear window, if you have one. If you're careful, you can do it without breaking the latch.

Call/pay a tow truck to unlock your door and cough it up as a lesson learned (last time was $30 for me)

hmmm... I do this on purpose... and then use my fancy keyless entry. :p

hmmm... I do this on purpose... and then use my fancy keyless entry. :p

but then what if your battery takes a **** on you while your shopping????? ohhhhh didnt think about that! :D :p:

I go through the back glass. It flexes alot and you can pull up the lock with a coat hanger.

I agree with the sliding rear window, my sister just locked her keys in her 91 ranger with it running, i jimmyed the rear window open and hit the lock button with a broom handle

If your skinny like myself, use a skrewdriver to pry open the sliding rear window and crawl in and unlock the door! Quite easy. Did the same thing and had to go buy a flat hear across the street at lowes! Scary since we were borrowing the truck! ha

......just call the cops dude.....hahahaha sorry guys couldn't resist. Nah, there are def some good tips in here, some things i wouldn't have thought of thats for sure

Or, if you aren't skinny, find a friend that has a kid and get them to crawl through.

SCREW THE PO LICE. I just did that today, no spare. Ford said it was too old to cut a key from the vin, cheapest key cut at a locksmith was $130. So since i work at U-HAUL, and all they have is fords, except for 2 GM's. I borrowed the 17 keys and jiggled till one worked....
Try some friends ford keys.... they only have about 40 cuts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Forgot about that. My friend has a Ranger, and my key will open his car and vice versa. Let's just say for the longest time you never knew what you might find inside your car.

Back