lets see some pics of your 01's | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lets see some pics of your 01's

01export,
I was just sitting here drooling over your truck. My wife walked up behind me and all I heard was "NO!", haha.

She doesn't know I'm already planning a body lift next spring.:shifty_ey

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes this is my DD i wish it got better gas mileage but oh well. The stock drive shafts are still holding up stong and I do wheel this thing pretty often. Superlift does recommend that the front drive shaft be changed about 20k to 22k after lift install because if the angle of the "cv" joint where it meets the trans case.

yes i did use the fm tuner. there is a wired fm modulator you can get that is like a 2 way input splitter.

http://shop.siriuscanada.ca/edealin...atParentID=16689&scId=43150&userLangISO=en_US

no need to find open channel. just set the station and away you go. has worked great for me.

for the record. i like my stuff to be perfect and not looked slapped together. i did a lot of work on this project that ended up being filed under g because it wasn't what i wanted or just didn't look right.

i was thinking of making a panel like yours today but making a door that pulls out and slides down to cover the sat radio when im at the mall or something, making it so its flush. dont need to give a thief incentive to break in :)

The F150 swap is about the same work as an add-a-leaf kit. Resulting lift is about the same too. I bought the leaf packs new from Eaton Detroit Springs. Everything you need to know is in this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101035

Would be alot cheaper to buy used parts. I just wanted to be positive there was no sag, so I bought new.

great link, thanks for the info and help. too much work for my liking i think, lol. ill talk to my dad, he went to a palce that did his gmc cargo van, add a leaf, somehting like 800 pounds of extra carrying capacity and it was around $250 cdn installed. seems to be the cheaper way to go rather than ordering a new pack and having to deal with old parts. but its nice to see that you can make stuff like this work :)

The 4-Door leaf pack (and shackles) fix the infamous "squat" that happens when the leaf springs get old. The leafs from the 4-door are beefier than the ones on the sport, so you get about 1" of lift off the swap and an increased carrying capacity, even if the leafs are used.

The lift itself didn't change my fuel economy in any noticable way. The tires dropped my highway mileage from about 22 MPG to just under 20 MPG, so not too bad.

i do enough hiway commuting that i like to get decent milage from the truck. right now i get at best 20, usually on average just a bit under 20 and now withthe winter coming its even worse. its funny, youd think that with a larger tire your rpms would be lower so youd get better milage but at the same time your spinning a heavier and larger wheel so it kind of cancels out and makes it worse. i wonder if running a light weight set of rims along withthe heavier tires to even out the overall weight would balance things out a little.

Yes this is my DD i wish it got better gas mileage but oh well. The stock drive shafts are still holding up stong and I do wheel this thing pretty often. Superlift does recommend that the front drive shaft be changed about 20k to 22k after lift install because if the angle of the "cv" joint where it meets the trans case.

i figured you would have had to have changed over to a longer driveshaft. didnt realise theres enough play in there to let you lift that much. other than that hows the front end take to wheeling? im not worried about the 8.8. the tranny worries me a little, but im wondering how that front end enjoys getting wheeled. also are you guys that wheel your 01's finding that your running through ball joints on a regular basis? ive heard that balljoints are a really common item to fail on these trucks.

..... but im wondering how that front end enjoys getting wheeled. also are you guys that wheel your 01's finding that your running through ball joints on a regular basis? ive heard that balljoints are a really common item to fail on these trucks.

I went through 3 sets of balljoints on my '01 in under 50k miles. The Ford factory ones are crap. First time they were replaced under warranty, second time I put a set of greasable aftermarket ones in.

I also ended up replacing my hubs at about 35k. Lifting a 2nd gen and wheeling it will eat up front end parts.

My 01, custom front lift with Fox long travel shocks with remote ressy's, 32" Kumho A/T's, custom built hitch receiver, and working on a roof mount light bar

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

explorer2.jpg

Diamond bar ey? I was just in your neck of the woods the other day

Back