Auto Locking Doors - any way to delay or change the setting | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto Locking Doors - any way to delay or change the setting

tripplec

Reaction score
City, State
Bowmanville, ON Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Explorer LTD AWD
Hi Everyone, (Just move this from the -02-05 forum, seems it wasn't correct)

I have been wonder about changing the automatic door lock setting. The all currently lock when place in gear. You don't have to drive a ways or attain some speed either. I found myself having to push the unlock button all the time to unlock the other doors. A real pain after a while.

Even when backing up to align to hitch up to a trailer they lock up on me and doing any movement while servicing in the yard/driveway the same.

Anyone pulled there hair out yet on this option. I am thinking about it, does it hurt?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

02 sport is on basically the same platform as 95-01. in answer to your question, i believe thats part of the PATS system (unless you have an aftermarket alarm). I think you can disable the locks by clipping a wire, but im not so sure the PATS system will be happy with you.

You can't alter the timing of the Autolocks feature but you can disable it completely. Look in your owner's manual index under Locks\Autolocks\Deactivating

Ford owners' manuals online

Confirmed

You can't alter the timing of the Autolocks feature but you can disable it completely. Look in your owner's manual index under Locks\Autolocks\Deactivating

Ford owners' manuals online

I downloaded the manual from the link provide earlier and read through it. I saw that it could be disabled. Also the Smart option which I am not certain is supported in this model since the manual was for Explorer. there were no Sport manuals.

Thanks

Back