Insight... $$$ | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Insight... $$$

im painting my car black.. so what do you think? black wheels or chrome ones?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ALRIGHT. I HAVE IT ALL FIGURED OUT NOW!!!

4'' Superlift - 1,200.00
33" TrxUs tires- 700.00
15 x 10 Rock Crawlers ( black or chrome)-300.00
Black Paint scheme ( Thinking flat black.. any opinions?) 400.00 (maaco)
Blacking out the interior (dunno)
New seats ( also would like some opinions) (dunno)
V8 5.0L - - (This Comes last) 1900.00 (from AUTOZONE factory 5.0L)
Torque Monster Headers (This comes when new engine installed) 800.00
Flowmaster 40's dual exaust (Ditto) 500.00
----------------------------------
roughly about $6,000.00!! :O

BUT! I recieved this explorer for free... with 100,000 miles on it. Since then I have put it up too about 125,000 in the last 9 months. So after I do all those modifications, it'll be like I bought the truck for 6,000.00.... does nayone feel i am wasting my money, like anything I should leave off of my little list?

Um, since you asked, yes. The list up to black paint is OK. Everything else don't bother. Especially th 5.0L and parts for it! If you really want a 5.0L truck, get yours looking nice cheaply then sell it, buy one with a 5.0L already in it.

sounds good. 4 inch lift, 33's, black. V6 should be alright eh?

Alright, can I get mine to look like this with a 4 inch super lift and a 3 inch bodylift? What else is done to this one from looking at it?
PC240282.jpg

This is what I am going for

thats a bad ass lookin ex. that too is what i am going for but im not really looking at spending all that money for lifts tires. plus i have a 99 with 135k on it. with a DD that seems like too much. plus being an EMT im hoping to soon outfit my ex with lights and becoming a respond unit. hopefully everything gets done and ill post pics of it.

yeah, my main justification is that I got my ex for free, so spending 2000 on a lift and 2000 on wheels and tires doesnt sem so bad to me lol

773131_75_full.jpg

HAHA Well i knew i would find an explorer on here that looks the way i want mine too...
Curious though... I see shackles and tortion twist.. what else does this person have done? looks more than a body lift.. or am i wrong?

(sorry if this is a hijack...)

Could someone help me regarding this vehicle. I'd like to know what he did to make it look like this. I'm considering new wheels and tires for my Ex and would like to tighten up the suspension without getting into body lifts. I'm new to all of this so info / links on shackles and TT necessary to do this would be great.

(sorry if this is a hijack...)

Could someone help me regarding this vehicle. I'd like to know what he did to make it look like this. I'm considering new wheels and tires for my Ex and would like to tighten up the suspension without getting into body lifts. I'm new to all of this so info / links on shackles and TT necessary to do this would be great.

yeah just use search and look up Torsion twist or warrior shackles. that is what you need to gain the 2" of lift. The ex above looks to be just TT and a 3" BL with obviously new tires.

yeah, my main justification is that I got my ex for free, so spending 2000 on a lift and 2000 on wheels and tires doesnt sem so bad to me lol

you are lucky i got mine for a steal so i cant complain. when i first got it; it was valued at 6500+ and i got it for 3200 so... :)

Yeah I am very lucky, its worth about 5,000 right now i believe, back to my question though... the ex about.. the green one.. is that just a 4 inch suspension lift with 3" body lift and 33's? it looks like more

i cant tell by looking at it. could be bigger than 33s which is possible... where did you find that picture at?

i was googleing superlifts to see if anyone was selling a cheaper one, 2,000 seems way pricey for 4 inches of lift.. and it was a thumbnail with not original context page... I bet its on here somewhere.. i'll keep looking

Back