Here she is rb & bl lift | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Here she is rb & bl lift

Hey Chris.... Way cool... You're looking down on the world now. I really like the McCain/Palin Sticker on the rear glass. I'm glad to see a fellow conservative, especially at your age..

Good Job on the BL.

I was going to make a comment about liking the sticker, but try to lay off politics on these sites...Since someone else said it first, sticker looks good. I have to say that the "29" needs to go if it is for NASCAR...Sorry, my cousin drives the "7" Jim Beam car (Robby Gordon).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was going to make a comment about liking the sticker, but try to lay off politics on these sites...Since someone else said it first, sticker looks good. I have to say that the "29" needs to go if it is for NASCAR...Sorry, my cousin drives the "7" Jim Beam car (Robby Gordon).

Since you guys opened the can of worms, the sticker looks wrong. Car stickers belong on cars; political stickers belong in the bin.

As for #29 or #7; no way. Go Ambrose!!!

yea, laying off is a good idea cause you dont know what kind of fight it will bring:rolleyes:

yea its for Harvick lol, NO WAY DUDE your cousin is Robby gordon Thats AWESOME:thumbsup::D

yea, laying off is a good idea cause you dont know what kind of fight it will bring:rolleyes:

yea its for Harvick lol, NO WAY DUDE your cousin is Robby gordon Thats AWESOME:thumbsup::D

Yup, that is my claim to fame...Second cousin (dad's side) to be completely honest, but I was pretty close with him and his sisters when we were all younger. I've got autographed hats and signing cards all around, but they are mostly from when he was driving the "31". The big joke with my friends is that my drink of choice is actually JB, so they try to find me all the paraphernalia for the holidays.

shame Robby Gordon can't drive, LOL. He was such a dusche bag for punting Ambrose off last year. He was fun to watch on the dakar in his Arnie mobile

the only prob with that is this is my DD, and i think having to cut the body to fit them may look all hacked up

im going to measure everything and find a 35 tire to eyeball it, they wont be bought for at least a year ot though, i did meausre earlier my front wheel well is 43 inches high

I'm still shooting for 35's also. Remember also that the gearing should be changed to 4.56's to run 35's. I'd like to see one mounted on your rig just to see spacing, it's easy to say 'yeah they'll fit'
Your best bet is trying one on and then you'll know for sure.

I'm still shooting for 35's also. Remember also that the gearing should be changed to 4.56's to run 35's. I'd like to see one mounted on your rig just to see spacing, it's easy to say 'yeah they'll fit'
Your best bet is trying one on and then you'll know for sure.

thats the plan when the time comes:thumbsup:

thanks for the gearing info:thumbsup: but will the new gears limit your top speed?

thats the plan when the time comes:thumbsup:

thanks for the gearing info:thumbsup: but will the new gears limit your top speed?

Shouldnt affect that just sucks more gas.
Once I do my RB lift I'll go and try one on front and rear and let it back down off the lift and take lots of pics.
Did you order 2" wheel spacers by the way? If not I would if I was you...

THANKS, wheels should be early next year, but tires will have to wait cause i just bought these

i wasnt planning on doing the BL this year (thats why i sold my spacers to you) and the plan was when i get new rims with less backspacing id go ahead and do the BL, but we got some good weather for a few days and i was bored so i installed it. it is pretty tippy so i just bought new spacers in the mean time lol

I hate you sold your spacers and ended up needing them. I am glad to have your old set though. They made mine feel stable again after the lift and big tires.

I know what you mean on the tires. I had not had my 245s all that long when I bought my 265s. Thankfully I was able to sell my 245s pretty quickly for what I thought was a fair price. You could probably sell your old tires too if you did want to go bigger. Lots of guys on here probably would be interested in a good set of used 265s.

I hate you sold your spacers and ended up needing them. I am glad to have your old set though. They made mine feel stable again after the lift and big tires.

I know what you mean on the tires. I had not had my 245s all that long when I bought my 265s. Thankfully I was able to sell my 245s pretty quickly for what I thought was a fair price. You could probably sell your old tires too if you did want to go bigger. Lots of guys on here probably would be interested in a good set of used 265s.

im glad they went to a friend rather than "joe blow" on ebay:D

yea your right on the tires, i just not too sure yet

well i go the spacers on now!! im headed up to northern Wisconsin for thanksgiving so im keeping my fingers and toes crossed that ill hit up some trails

did you throw on the bl lift yourself? im just wondering cuz my buddy and i are gonna install mine and he knows nothing about cars so it will be basically myself haha

Looks great. Nice work. Put some big wheels on and take some pictures!

did you throw on the bl lift yourself? im just wondering cuz my buddy and i are gonna install mine and he knows nothing about cars so it will be basically myself haha

i didnt throw it on, i properly installed it by myself LOL;)

well i did it all myself (except loosing the bolts) and im not much of a mechanic. so your friend will be great help, the install took me around 16 hrs split over a weekend. i did have all the tools at hand grinders, and what not.

I'm sorry, I just had to. Ignore the toilet paper.

n557846679_1465446_9558.jpg

P.S. I'm 19. I am tempted to go onto my rant about man-made global warming, but I won't.

Broken link. Whats the pic?

I think it's the french fries sticker.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back