• Register Today It's free!

tail light question

ktown18

Reaction score
City, State
Kahnawake
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2006 Eddie Bauer
I've been looking around at shops around my area and there are no different tail light options in any of their accessory catalogues. I'm looking for the LED type tail lights not sure what their called, sort of like these ones

euro.jpg

anyway, there are none available for 06-09 explorers, they got a lot for 02-05 though im wondering if they will fit the newer model explorers? anybody? thanks for any input!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've seen your model fitted to the 3rd gens, take a look in there
Scotty

I'd love to find some led tails as well, but in all my searching, I've come up snake eyes.

I can only find them for 3rd gens but people on the site have put 4th gen tail lights on their 3rd gens so they should fit. Here is a link to where I found them. If someone does get new tails, I may be interested in purchasing your stock ones:)

Those are definitely nice. I don't think they will fit the 06+ though. The shape of the headlights and tail lights are slightly different than the previous generation :(

The 06+ have different headlights and different "looking" taillights. The taillights are the same shape as 02-05's. Someone on the site has put taillights from a 06+ on a 02-05. The 06+ are the same shape as 02-05 because the main body of the Explorer is the same from 02 to 09. The rear hatch, front fenders, hood, grill,front bumper, headlights are different but the main body and doors are the same. When I get home I'll try to find the thread with the 4th gen tails on a 3rd gen.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is good news. Very cool indeed. I may just have to pick up a set of those then. Now I just wish I could find a set of "blacked out" headlights. So what kind of offer would you make on the stock tails?

I know the Ironman Explorer has black headlights but they are hard to find. If you are going to sell your stock tails, PM me and well talk about them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why would anyone want to replace the stock tails with altezzas? Yuck. I think the stock tail lamps are great, especially since they don't have yellow lenses.

I know, old thread...but I know I saw on this forum somewhere someone put 3rd gen tail lights in a 4th gen. I can't seem to find it.

My wife's Explorer is Sangria Red, and I think it will look better with the 'all red' lens of the 3rd gen.

I put a set of LED tails in my Expy. I did have to modify them to fit because the mounting holes were not in the exact same location on the 6-9's. I'll send you a PM with the info. I actually have brand new set with red lenses sitting here collecting dust if you're interested.

I am interested...not only to see what tails you have on your Explorer, but to see which ones you have collecting dust

Back