• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust

XLTsportMD

Reaction score
City, State
Washington, DC Metro
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Explorer Sport
I'm looking to upgrade my exhaust system on my 03 Explorer Sport. I want that nice deep V8 sound. Any advice on where I should look?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

check flowmaster or magnaflow

for flowmaster - look into the ( 40 series ) for good rumble...

magnaflow ? idk what to look for there lol...

also look into and INTAKE... helps make the truck sound a bit " louder " but in a good way, and you may pick up a small HP gain

Danny

Magnaflow is wayyy deeper than flowmaster. flowmaster has that tinny sound to it. Kinda like there is a piece of a pop can rattling around in there. Use the search.

My only problem is that when I search for parts for my 2003 Ford Explorer Sport they often mistake it with the third generation ford explorer that runs from 2002-2005. So finding parts for it gets confusing, any help here?

That sounds great! That's the type of sound I'm going for.

flowmaster on a 6 cylinder engine usually sounds kinda crappy imo; magnaflow sounds way nicer.

That Magnaflow exhaust sounds good 99ex22. I have heard Explorers and Rangers with Flowmaster, glasspacks, and even straight pipe. I have to say the Magnaflow sounds best.

Thanks for the great compliments guys! Glad I could help you a little bit XLTsportMD.

-Russ

send a PM to...

Sams01XplrSprt

he would be able to help you look for the correct exhaust you would need...

he has a 2001 sport

best advice i could give you, cause hes got your specific model

Danny

send a PM to...

Sams01XplrSprt

he would be able to help you look for the correct exhaust you would need...

he has a 2001 sport

best advice i could give you, cause hes got your specific model

Danny

Definately ask Sam.. He's been asking for enough sound clips so he probably has quite a collection for anyone who wants to know what a certain rig with a certain exhaust will sound like :D

lol u guys

i got dual 40 series flows on my 01 sport and i love how it sounds.

Back