Have no electricity to washer pump & no Legand | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Have no electricity to washer pump & no Legand

ShanToombs

Reaction score
City, State
Denver CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 AWD
HI, I have a '99 Mountaineer AWD V-8 that has no current running too the windshield washer pump. Replaced the pump and now, as before, the switch activates the wipers, but not the pump. I've no manual and no legend. Can anybody help? Need as much help as possible, sub-zero weekend ahead. Need squirter online fast. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do they have a seperae fuse for that?

Fuses

Found fuse that is bad. OOps. What is the overhead computer called?

Welcome to the site! :)

welcome aboard

Thanks to all

Found a free owners manual online and Finally- after several months of looking for the fuse legand- found the fuse, #12, was blown. Too bad I already installed the new pump first, crud!! Thanks for the speedy help.:thumbsup:

Fuses usually don't blow for no reason so the odds are the pump was bad anyway.

Ive done the same things many times befroe. My explorer quit charging one day, long story short after a new alternator and lots of time later it was a blown fuse. The fuses are there and can easily be replaced for a reason they dont always mean something is wrong or needs immediate attention. It can just be a spike in amperage for some unpreventable reason and blow the fuse. Now if one kept blowing constantly then there is a reason that needs attention. I think a thread about checking fuses first should be a "sticky" at the top of the page.

Back