The "Official" 3rd Gen Lift Registry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The "Official" 3rd Gen Lift Registry

Current Lift On 3rd Gen

• Total voters

97awdx

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT
Alright, lets try this.

What lift do you currently have on your 3rd Gen? If you are planning on installing some kind of lift tell us, but don't vote in the poll unless it is installed on your vehicle. Also tell us what kind of lift you are running, what tire size, if the tires rub, wheel size and backspacing, if you are running wheel spacers list the size, anything you would change or anything else relevant to lifting your 3rd Gen.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2005 4.6 has 1.5" spring lift front & rear, it also runs 17 x 8 wheels with 265/70 tyres & drives magnificently.
My 2004 4.6 is stock but will receive some roadbully spring raisers & same size tyres as above once I get my but into gear

I have "so-called" 2" lift springs front and rear (more like 1/2" front, and 1.5" rear), and am running 265/75/16 (31.7") A/Ts, also using 1" spacers to kick the wheels out a bit. No rubbing at all (there was also no rubbing without spacers, though). I plan on using RBs spacers at some stage to get the front up another 40mm (1.5").

I'm gonna haveto change my vote to "other" shortly, As I'll have spacers, body lift and springs... ;)
But for now, 3" springs, 3" body lift, and 285/75's on -12mm offset, 4" backspacing 16 x 8" rims.

I'm gonna haveto change my vote to "other" shortly, As I'll have spacers, body lift and springs... ;)
But for now, 3" springs, 3" body lift, and 285/75's on -12mm offset, 4" backspacing 16 x 8" rims.

Make sure to let us know when you have created a spacer that works in conjunction with lift springs. It will be $$$ in your bank!

The spacer is already created... there's really nothing different to do... I'm just going to try to fit another inch of spacer in with my 3" springs.

My plans are: Body Lift, Spacers, Hankook Dynopro MT's, 2" wheel spacers. I'll post a thread when I am done.

RoadBully Spacers and Nitto 265/75/16!!

:D

The spacer is already created... there's really nothing different to do... I'm just going to try to fit another inch of spacer in with my 3" springs.
Aren't you going to run out of down travel?

Aren't you going to run out of down travel?

I should be just the same as those who have 3" spacers, as I'm sure my 3" springs didn't give me a full 3" of lift.

Though I may be revising my whole setup... I'm thinking on making a set of King shocks fit. :D

That's more like it, we need a setup that gives ample wheel travel and a decent amount of lift.

Anyone else? Looks like RoadBully's spacers are the preferred choice.

I went with 2" RoadBully spacers in the front to level my Ex. Will be going with 265/70/16's.

I think their are a couple of newly lifted X's out their.

I now have 1.5" RB spacer in front (plus 0.5" effective lift springs), and 1.75" lift springs at the back, with 1/4" spacer plate in the rear - ie nice 2" lift all round.
Front_Lift_4.jpg

finally got my road bully lift in 3in up front 2.25 in the back. Also, took off the running boards. It really is alot higher than it looks on the computer.
car.jpg
[/IMG]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow that looks good peder.

How did you install the lift?
Im having trouble getting the bottom of the shock back into the control arm.

Back