Just got my explorer

Mxrider99

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 4x4 XLT
04 XLT 4x4 4.0 SOHC

Now, im planning on doing a 3 inch lift and tucking some 32's under it.

But, Im looking and cant find a decent roof rack for it, and i dont want to do one of those ugly bumpers that just hold lights that everyone bolts a million halogens too. Ill build my own bumper when the time comes and use some Baja Designs HID's.

I would build the roof rack, But for now i just want to buy something to get me by for the next six months or so.

What intake mods are out there, any other engine related things i should know about?

What mufflers are the most popular.

We could start a thread kind of like a mod database type of thing with information....

l_7d66fe0d999f4d33b1df5212bdc030cc.png

How she sits now

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice explorer and whose sport trac is that in the background

you should tell him to join this site :D

If he is not on dezertrangers.com you should tell him to check it out. There is a lot of info on pre-runners, and there is another guy (Mexi Mike) on there with a really nice sport track

Edit: Just saw your post on there asking about LT for your 04

To answer some of your mod questions

INTAKE OPTIONS...

- K&N , MAC , VOLANT

EXHAUST OPTIONS...

- FLOWMASTER 40 or 50 series " 40 = loud " , MAC , GIBSON , MAGNAFLOW , CHERRY BOMB

LIFT OPTIONS...

- ROADBULLY SPACERS !!!!

to list a few... GOOD LUCK !!!!!!

If he is not on dezertrangers.com you should tell him to check it out. There is a lot of info on pre-runners, and there is another guy (Mexi Mike) on there with a really nice sport track

Edit: Just saw your post on there asking about LT for your 04

;)

Been there for awhile.

INTAKE OPTIONS...

- K&N , MAC , VOLANT

EXHAUST OPTIONS...

- FLOWMASTER 40 or 50 series " 40 = loud " , MAC , GIBSON , MAGNAFLOW , CHERRY BOMB

LIFT OPTIONS...

- ROADBULLY SPACERS !!!!

Thank you my man.

Anyone got more stuff to add on to this list?

INTAKE OPTIONS...

- K&N , MAC , VOLANT

EXHAUST OPTIONS...

LIFT OPTIONS...

- ROADBULLY SPACERS !!!!

They only make intakes for 02 and 03 third gens, not 04 and 05 because of the way the stock airbox is made and the way the MAS is mounted.

They only make intakes for 02 and 03 third gens, not 04 and 05 because of the way the stock airbox is made and the way the MAS is mounted.

this is very helpfull information, as i have an 04. Thank you sir!

I see you finally got it! Nice looking truck. I like the color. Looking forward to pics of your work in progress!!

What size rack are you after? What shape? I have a Rola Vortex basket on mine - looks chunky, and doesn't take up the whole roof, yet will hold everything I need it too.

I see you finally got it! Nice looking truck. I like the color. Looking forward to pics of your work in progress!!

Thanks man. :D

What size rack are you after? What shape? I have a Rola Vortex basket on mine - looks chunky, and doesn't take up the whole roof, yet will hold everything I need it too.
A bigger one. It will need to hold alot. but i dont want it to be too tall. just wide.

hey jcuz you think you could post a pic of your cargo rack
i was thinking of getting it just wanted to see how it looks up there

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry about my INTAKE info being misleading... i guess i wasnt thinking about the fact you got an 04... my bad sorry broski.

im so used to looking up stuff for my 03... hence my mistake lol

Back