• Register Today It's free!

Pro Scan with 64 bit processor.

TOMANDPAT

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Eddie Bauer, '02 XLT
I bought myself a Pro Scan OBD analyzer for Christmas, and when I connected it to my Ex, I got an error message that said there was a hardware interface problem. Apparently, it's not recognizing the cables attaching the analyzer to my laptop. I just now tried reinstalling the softwrre and drivers, and I got an error message that basically is telling me that the softwarre is not compatible with my 64 bit processor. My laptop is brand new so there might be some compatibility problems stemming from the processor. No luck contacting Pro Scan either. Has anyone else had this problem?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you using a serial or USB connection? If its USB, it may be a hardware compatibility issue. i've seen even usb to serial adapters causing problems.

Also what Operating system, type of connection, etc..

It came with USB cable, which I'm using. I'm running Vista home premium

pro scan will not work with a 64 bit chip only 32 bit or amd 64 bit

That's just swell. So now I'm stuck with this @#$%^& thing until they catch up with the software. Maybe I'll sneak my daughter's laptop out to the garage

If its the same proscan company that I'm thinking of, then I hate to ask why? I heard nothing but poor reviews about their company.

I hope I didn't get screwed. I read one thread on here that said it was pretty decent, not perfect, but decent, and of course I read their advertising. The technical info on their web site made sense, so I took the plunge. $129.00 plus shipping

Back