Does this come off? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does this come off?

explorerku4.jpg

Here's the story. I let a buddy borrow my X to move his boat since his F150's trans took a dump. He scraped up against some rocks with that section of the bumper and tore off some of the the chrome plating, and now it looks like crap. I haven't gotten a chance to crawl under and look at it yet, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if just the chrome piece is removable, or if the whole bumper would need to be replaced. Any insight is much appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah it comes off. It has clips that snap it into the plastic lower bumper that have to be released from the backside. It's easier to remove the bumper to get to them than to try and do it with the bumper on the vehicle.

I beleive you have to buy the hole bumper.

This is why I don't let anyone borrow my vehicles & never will.

I beleive you have to buy the hole bumper.

I was able to get just the chrome foglight corner trim from Ford. If I remember correctly it was about $80.00 three or four years ago.

Yeah it comes off. It has clips that snap it into the plastic lower bumper that have to be released from the backside. It's easier to remove the bumper to get to them than to try and do it with the bumper on the vehicle.

Great, thanks! I was hoping that'd be the case :salute:

I normally don't, but didn't see the harm in letting him move his boat. I was wrong :rolleyes: At least he offered to pay for the parts though.

Yeah, I was looking for one of these because mine is broken. They run about $65 each, and I assume you order them separately. i also tried an auto salvage place and had no luck there. I don't want to spend $130 to replace both of them, but i dont want one to look nice and shiny and the other to look old, so I'm probably not replacing them until I sell the car.

Back