• Register Today It's free!

2K5 Eddie Bauer

TFCeddieB

Reaction score
City, State
Eastern Shore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Eddie Bauer
After reading for months, decided to become a member of the board. 2005 Eddie Bauer with just a couple mods.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome! What are your plans?

Wow, and Elite from the get go.:thumbsup:

Check the signature block (if it works) for what I've already done... Rancho QL's in the garage (Front & Rear), 30mm spacers on the way, and probably different tires when I get the QL's put on... undecided so far.

Pictures??

'05 Ex

Attachments

• EX1.jpg
    EX1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 606

'05 ex

Attachments

• EX2.jpg
    EX2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 475

Very nicely done...

has a tough stance, looks great!

nice ride, the crown vic next to it looks nice too! I wish I had 17's instead of 16's, i think the stock 17's are really nice.

'05 ex

Attachments

• EX4.jpg
    EX4.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 495

2K5 Eddie Bauer

Attachments

• EX5.jpg
    EX5.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 542

has a tough stance, looks great!

Ya'll think it's going to look odd with the Rancho Quick Lift? From what I understand (and what I've measured) it's going to give me 2" up front and 1" out back. (Measured from coil spring perch to centerline of mounting point) Stock vs. QL. I was thinking of selling these tires and going a bit wider. At this point I'm thinking the 255's may seem a little skinny once it's lifted.

thats a little to clean, give it a new coat of mud!
no seriously, that looks awsome i love the trim and rims. it will look even better lifted!

If i were you i would sell the QL and go with a Roadbully Spacer kit. It is a well proven design here on EF and the rancho kit as far as i know has only been tried one time by a forum member and didnt work out so hot.

I read those posts... sounds like the major problem was the member had an 03 or 04 with 16" rims. There is a different part no. for different years/wheel size. I've got an 05 with 17's, and I have the correct part no.'s for that application. I think I'm going to try the QL's. I know I read some positive posts about them too. If it makes the ride softer, GOOD. I had an 05 Trailblazer in the past that rode much, much better than my explorer does now. The suspension tuning from the factory is way too stiff, IMHO.

I read those posts... sounds like the major problem was the member had an 03 or 04 with 16" rims. There is a different part no. for different years/wheel size. I've got an 05 with 17's, and I have the correct part no.'s for that application. I think I'm going to try the QL's. I know I read some positive posts about them too. If it makes the ride softer, GOOD. I had an 05 Trailblazer in the past that rode much, much better than my explorer does now. The suspension tuning from the factory is way too stiff, IMHO.

The stiffer ride is because the trailblazer wasn't really designed to do anything over light off roading. Even at stock height the explorer is a MUCH more capable off roader then a TB.

The stiffer ride is because the trailblazer wasn't really designed to do anything over light off roading. Even at stock height the explorer is a MUCH more capable off roader then a TB.

DITTO!!! my sis has an 06 TB and when she borrowed my ex for a day (for the 3rd row) and i used the TB i went crazy! i left it with my dad and used his Grand Am instead, the TB is just so awkward, the height, the front "cabin", just wasnt digging the thing, bottom line is i would take my EX over the TB anyday. The seats on my EX are more comfortable as well, and thats not being biased, my dad and sis agree :D

check out ROADBULLY SPACERS bro !!!!!

he can modify a spacer lift to your preference !!!

max lift he can do is 3'' front 2.5'' rear...

looks bad ass dude !!! i like the BFG M/T's havent seen those on here yet !!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not going to sit here and bash trailblazers after owning one. Mine was an 05 LT, loaded which was plenty capable off road after a 2.5" front and 1" rear lift with 32" BFG All Terrains. I'm talking about the regular wheelbase trailblazer, not the EXT version. And it had a locking solid rear axle. It was a nice vehicle... but I did not like the 4.2 w/3.42 gears after the larger tires. If it would have had 4.10's or maybe even 3.73's it would have been fine, or If I had waited a year for the 5.3V8. I'm simply stating here that I feel the Explorer's stock suspension tuning is a little too stiff.

Back