• Register Today It's free!

Mazda Speed3

Lefy

Reaction score
City, State
Westchester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4x4 4.0 SOHC
any opinions or thoughts on this rocket.
I'm tried of putting along at 5 over on the highway in the lifted explorer
any opinions
here are a few photos
mazdaspeed3500.jpg

speed3a.jpg

2007_MazdaSpeed3_16.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this one is the turbocharged version that only comes with a stick

Oohh that would be sweet then. The one I drove was non-turbo'd and was an auto. I can only imagine how much fun that would be to drive. Give it a test drive, I think you will like it.

Edit: The one I drove was just a regular Mazda 3 I believe.

I wanted to buy a Mazda 3 (just the regular non-turbo one) but I didn't have enough headroom. Most people that have them say they are a great deal (as I recall from searching on the 'net), the only complaints seem to be that they don't get the fuel economy that they are supposed to. This is probably because people drive them more aggressive than they do on the EPA test.

I rode in one a few times, they are nice. Fast too.

Mazdaspeed 3's are about the quickest FWD from the factory. Im partial to imports, I say go for it and have fun with the boost.

They are nice vehicles. One of the guys at work has one. Great little car.

As an alternative, the Focus is very similar to the non-turbo Mazda 3. Slightly smaller motor (from the same family), but it still does quite nicely. I was quite surprised at how well it gets up and goes for a small car. Price is nice too...We got one loaded for about $16k out the door.

My friend used to have 3 beemers he had a 1986 bmw 325es and then he got a 1995 bmw 740il and then he had a 1988 bmw 325 e. His 86 one got totalled cause someone hit him real bad. He sold the 95 to some older couple and then he sold his 88 to this young college kid.

Now he drives a 07 Mazda 3 Hatchback and he loves it he has it stock so far but he wants to do some upgrades to it.

His Mazda is an automatic

anyother opinions I've scheduled a test drive tomorrow

lefy did u test drive the mazda speed 3

from what i hear the mazda 3's are great little cars and the mazdaspeed 3 is suposed to be one heck of a good time

coming from a fellow focus owner that is the logical choice out of fords stable. i for one love mine

the current US focus is 2.0L powered and on the older C170 platform

the mazda 3 is on the newer C1 platform and has the larger power options, esp when looking at the mazdaspeed 3 with almost 100 more hp over the focus you cant really compare the two

it went pretty well the thing is a rocket tons of torque!!
of course i'm getting it in a manual and don't think you can get a slushbox (auto)

only complaint is it rides stiff compared and sometimes feels rough but besides that no other complainants only holding back because I maybe able to get an amazing deal on a mint condition 05 acura TL with 16k miles for 18thousand,
as far as not buying a ford. I'm sorry but they have no products i'm interested it unless its a f250-350 none of their cars are fast and they keep delaying the release of their ecoboosted turbo6cylinder which is supposed to be a monster but will probobly come with a 40000 price tag. and I really like the new mustang but need 4 doors and something alittle more efficient.

pretty much i'm down to the speed3 vwgti 4dr and a used acura tl.

I would opt for the Acura TL myself...

The price seems about par.

Back