Some private NC wheeling *LOTS OF PICS* | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Some private NC wheeling *LOTS OF PICS*

slravene

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC (Home) / Raleigh, NC (School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
Went out to some private land here in NC to have a little fun yesterday. It was a cold day, but fun was had all across the board. Got a ton of pics.

WebWheeler.jpg

WebWheeler_5.jpg

WebWheeler_7.jpg

WebWheeler_8.jpg

WebWheeler_14.jpg

WebWheeler_22.jpg

WebWheeler_39.jpg

WebWheeler_40.jpg

WebWheeler_42.jpg

WebWheeler_44.jpg

WebWheeler_45.jpg

WebWheeler_49-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WebWheeler_50-1.jpg

WebWheeler_52.jpg

WebWheeler_53.jpg

WebWheeler_56.jpg

WebWheeler_65.jpg

WebWheeler_68.jpg

WebWheeler_69.jpg

WebWheeler_70.jpg

WebWheeler_71.jpg

WebWheeler_73.jpg

WebWheeler_62.jpg

WebWheeler_61.jpg

WebWheeler_72.jpg

WebWheeler_60.jpg

WebWheeler_59.jpg

WebWheeler_54.jpg

WebWheeler_74.jpg

i see you guys enjoy flipping your rigs on their sides alot haha. looks like you had fun though

it just happens that way some times.

Awesome awesome -- what pressure do you run your tires at?

Oh and some1's got a good eye with that camera ;)

it all depends on what kind of riding im doing. I was running about 6 in those pics. That rear one folds up pretty good in that pic, lol. Yea that camera guy was on point that day. He got alot of good shots.

Lee, do you post over on Pirate? Your first gen looks familiar.

i do. Not a whole ton, I do alot of lurking though.

Loving that Advil logo! Any significance in the brand?

Investigation part deux:
Whats the wheelbase at?

wheelbase is 112, pretty much perfect for the 40s and the terrain out here. SUPER stable.

Im a Jackman on a NASCAR pit crew. Advil sponsored one of our cars last season, we got a new sponsor this season and so there were some more decals left over. They ended up on mine and my buddies 4runner on 40s that I run around with. If anything people just seem to remember us as "those two Advil Toyotas"

Where abouts did you go? I live in Hickory which is at the base of the mountain range so it looks like you weren't to far from me.

Do you work at a shop or just race day? What team? I help on a Super Cup Team out of Denver and we could use some experianced help but its just a volunteer team. We get help from guys at Gibbs on race day but we never have any help working on the car at the shop.

i work in the shop too. We are in the off season right now, we dont start back for another couple weeks.

Hey ExpNC..I'm from Hickory too. Just got the ST about a month ago for running around and going to ball games and practice. I was into the Jeep thing for yrs.
Kids getting older and spending most of my time with them. Not alot of offroading time, but i sure do miss it. Great pics slravene looks like some good times.
Brett

Back