Can't decide... 20s or 22s on my 94? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can't decide... 20s or 22s on my 94?

Hey everyone. I have some questions for you guys being that I can’t decide on what to do.

First off I have a 94 XLT 4x4 with 165K+ and going strong with no problems!!! Gotta love the Explorer

So I’m getting rims but cant deiced on 20”s or 22”s. I have owned my truck for 4 years and it NEVER sees dirt roads. So that’s not a problem. I also love the big rim look!

I really don’t care how the ride is on my X. My stereo has made it a rattle trap as it is so there’s no luxury in this vehicle!

So here’s my questions.

1. Is it really easy to blow a tire on 22”s if you hit a pot hole. This is my first time getting rims and I don’t want to be buying new tires every few months.
2. Does this affect my 4x4 at all? I also have never used my 4x4 but I also don’t want to wreck it.

So basically can 22”s be done a the first gen X WITHOUT running into problems? :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Trb8xfESk

untitled-4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now Time fer the roll pan and slam.......

i wish 1st gens up here looked as uncancerous as you guys got :'(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just the little round sander

Back