Why does God hate 2002 Sports? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why does God hate 2002 Sports?

shackles and aal will take care of that sag. Most sport members on here swap the mono leaf springs out of the sport and put the 4dr leafs on.

01+ Sports don't have the mono-leaf set-up. They also don't need any trimming to fit 33s.

I fit 33 x 11.35s with just a TT and F150 rear leaves (similar effect as AAL). Total of about 1.5" lift. No rubbing anywhere on the body.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine's multi-leaf, not mono-leaf.

2eyku88.jpg

Flat as a pancake too :)

(sorry for the massive pic)

Sporttrac body lift works great thats what i used. Just 2 extra blocks left over.

That's the kit I want to use too...if I ever get around to it. Would be nice to have all the correct bumper brackets and not have to fab anything.

You're saying the Sport Trac kit fits better than PA 883, and just has two blocks left over?

Someone at 4x4parts said that I should 'go look under my truck', because it's a 'unibody' and simply can't be body lifted.

That doesn't even make sense.

someone at my local 4x4 shop said the same thing, i was like mutha####er i can follow the frame the whole length of the truck!...he didnt believe me so i placed a picture of my mounty in their mailbox sometime later-when i had done work to her and said "this is to whomever told me i had a unibody." :D

(I felt like picking a little fight)

Me: ...I'm not sure if it was Wes or Greg, but someone there told me that "there aren't lift kits for 2002 explorers because their unibody", and I should "go look under my truck", because "they've been doing this for years"

Greg@4x4parts.com: Actually 1995 to early 2000 were complete unibodies. After that, there were integrational complications that prevent and discourage manufacturers from producing a body lift for the 2001+ models.

Patrick

Did you have to fab up extension brackets for your brush guard after raising the truck?

Those Hunter *******s WILL NOT under ANY circumstances ship to Canada.

Me: ...I'm not sure if it was Wes or Greg, but someone there told me that "there aren't lift kits for 2002 explorers because their unibody", and I should "go look under my truck", because "they've been doing this for years"

Greg@4x4parts.com: Actually 1995 to early 2000 were complete unibodies. After that, there were integrational complications that prevent and discourage manufacturers from producing a body lift for the 2001+ models.

Wow, that's pretty sad. If he doesn't know what he's talking about, he should go ask someone else instead of spewing some BS to a potential customer.

Wow, that's pretty sad. If he doesn't know what he's talking about, he should go ask someone else instead of spewing some BS to a potential customer.

Agreed... Where the hell did they dig this guy up??

Hey dude take a look at this pic and tell me its a unibody....That big boxed in rail going down the entire length of the truck must be the fuel line, since SUVs get such bad mileage, right? :rolleyes: ...lol

Attachments

• 104_1856.JPG
    104_1856.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 194

Did you have to fab up extension brackets for your brush guard after raising the truck?

Those Hunter *******s WILL NOT under ANY circumstances ship to Canada.

yes, i went on down to lowes and got some 4'' wide 1/8 in thick steel plate/bar and cut and drilled holes. there is a hole in the frame that i used to attatch it there then with the brush guard held up there sized how much i would need for it to reach the guard mounts... that angle cut into the bumper so i cut slots for them to go around it, here is a picture that i whipped up and it may take a little while starin at it to get it....

ARB OME springs have really come down in price & I really like the way they ride (swapped out the Monoleaf for them-about 1-2" lift). Went with a longer shock as well.
Rick

Bless MS Paint

Patrick, that's the coolest diagram I've ever seen hahahahaha.:thumbsup:

Isn't 1/8" a little weak for that set up? Or do you not actually intend to push on anything with it?

I digress...

So,

If I use PA 883, I've got a little bit of fab work to do

If I use PA 70023, it's about a hundred dollars more expensive, but all I have is a couple extra pieces, and no fab work to do?

Does that sound about right?

I think so.

So,

If I use PA 883, I've got a little bit of fab work to do

If I use PA 70023, it's about a hundred dollars more expensive, but all I have is a couple extra pieces, and no fab work to do?

Does that sound about right?

I don't know alot about sports or sport tracs but I would assume so. Try leaving a comment in this thread....http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216922
Or send him a private message. He used the sport trac lift but it doesnt say anything about the bumper brackets in his build thread.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know alot about sports or sport tracs but I would assume so. Try leaving a comment in this thread....http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216922
Or send him a private message. He used the sport trac lift but it doesnt say anything about the bumper brackets in his build thread.

haha, no, he doesn't. But he DOES say he's using the PA 70023 (sport trac kit) and there IS a pic of a 2x4 being used as a rear bumper...that sort of speaks for it's self!

Back