What has happened to all the CO area people? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What has happened to all the CO area people?

ProjectAviator

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
SE, WY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT,
This past year I have seen hardly anything posted from any of the Colorado people. About only one I have seen is Jamie from Col springs. Other than Toypaseo posting goodies he has found I have seen nothing. I know Flyboycoe has PCSed to OK for flight training. But nothing from anyone else. Becker and Hokie are two to name a few.

Anyone heard from others in CO?

Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kids! LOL
I talk to Brett sometimes still, he has 3 girls now and is building Mustangs and a new shop
I talk to Joe Deitz every once in a great while, he drives his sploder all the time, I know because I see him all over

I am still here! I have a kid coming!! LOL

I do see alot more lifted explorer's around these days, as they get older more and more mechanically minded people are getting them and rebuilding them, Maybe we should be handing out EF forum windshield cards again to recruit more CO members

still here

Not sure about the others but I'm still recovering from the holidays,will post when I have more time

:(I have been banished to Dallas.

ive been working and wrenching and feeling out some new fab tools I added to the arsenal..pics to come. Im on here alot, but I just dont post much.

me too!

I finally have Argon for my Hobart 180 mig and a JD3 bender with dyes, chop saw, notcher, etc man tools are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Cant wait to start bending, weather has been so nice we are already starting our back yard landscaping, come on spring! Spring = full cage time

I'm still here...(says the tiny voice)

I don't know if many people know me or not....I have not been as active around here as I used to be. Got into a new job last year so just been busy trying to make sure that is good. Got out a couple times last year, not as much as I'd like but hey... the trails included Chinawall, Chinaman's Gulch, Slaughter House, Bill Moore lake a couple of times...few others but not much

The computer got a nasty virus towards the end of last year so I have to reinstall windows and lost everything so not much pics of the wheeling but do have some...

Bill Moore
P1000054.jpg

Again
DSC01065.jpg

Chinaman's Gulch
DSC00406.jpg

Again (Whale Rock)
IMG_8156.jpg

Hey sparky nice looking Ex. I don't know if you are a member or not, but if you are looking for any runs to join in your area check www.colorado4x4.org
You need to join us in Moab this year.

I am not a official member but I do visit there often... I how ever am part of a forum/club w.e. you want to call it Rock Mountain Ford Truck Club (www.rmftc.com) and wheel with some people from there... I have wanted to go to moab every year, just haven't committed to it yet.... And RMFTC we run a annual trip to Chinamans ever year and that ened up being the weekend before the moab trip last year so I had to pick one

nice rig

its getting there

I'm also here usually doing more reading than posting-Hello from Montrose!
I hope to have my '94 Ex drivable by late spring.

I decided to poke my head back in the Colorado section and I see my name in the first post. :eek: Oklahoma leaves much to be desired on the fourwheeling front, so I got myself this to entertain me on the weekends.

n25202971_31536013_9262.jpg

By the way, flight training is going well, but it's a beast. 12 hour work days plus 2-3 hours studying each night doesn't leave much time to post on the Forum.

Still alive and well just married and trying to stay above this economy! Don't get out alot if I do it is locally. Going to make MOAB!!! and try to get back on the board some more too!

im hear also just do allot of reading not to much in posting.

Jeff, my wife has your bikes big brother, a 08 XL 1200 Nightster in orange/black. Then I have one myself an 07 XL1200 Low.

Tim

I was looking at the Nightster, then the Iron came out, and with a much more attractive price tag. This is my first bike, so I figure I can start with the 883, and maybe convert it to a 1200 later on if I want.

China wall scares the crap out of me, the entrance hill on the right is all off camber and a long way down!!
I have never done Chinamans gultch, hmmmm going to have to check this out!

We will miss Moab this year, baby is due April 24th....

I don't remember China wall being that off chamber...but then again it was a while ago...

Chinamans is pretty fun, used to be doable in a almost stock rig...now it is getting to the point where some simple protection and a locker and a little lift is recommended

410 Check out RMFTC.com sometime...its a smaller site but that can be good or bad depends who you ask...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just the entrance to China Wall is on a hill side on off to teh right, its off camber just a bit, but in a tall BII with a wife digging her nails into your leg, and being loose dirt, its kinda scary...... we dont do shelf roads well :) LOL

Lockers for the FJ get here next week, its going to be a FUN summer, after we recover from baby in late April

I am starting the BII cage soon, maybe two weeks :)
finish V8 swap thats currently taking up garage, sell that 98 5.0L truck
put FJ in garage and swap front and rear diffs with new 4.56 and ARB locker diffs, install compressor, switches, etc
then finally back to the BII, taking her down to bare sheetmetal and shes going on a BIG diet

Back