Off Road Lamp install & Questions - PICS - Attn: 57Tbird | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Off Road Lamp install & Questions - PICS - Attn: 57Tbird

hey I was checking out that unit its pretty cool. do you know how the back up camera is triggered? does the gps sense the vehicle going into reverse or can you select it too? I already have DVD I'm wondering if I can use it for yet another screen.

It's got a wire that gets connected to the (+) wire for the reverse lights. The unit itself is pretty awesome... but it's a complex install.

cool, is the camera a special imput or pioneer camera only? I wonder if I could take my dvd video and just use a switch to activate it.

cool, is the camera a special imput or pioneer camera only? I wonder if I could take my dvd video and just use a switch to activate it.

The camera is optional - and I did not opt for it since my truck already had reverse sensors. If memory serves, the camera is made by Pioneer as well... though it may accept other brands. You would have to read up. As far as hooking a video (dvd) camera to it, I have no idea.

Back