Question on Bushwackers | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question on Bushwackers

fiberglass?

not to sound stupid, but is there any particular reason prerunner fenders wont work? Perrys and a few other places make em pretty big...you can even have some custom made if you say want to run 35's with only a small lift (like Fenderguy). I know they are more expensive than just cutting but you'd never have any clearance issues again...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anime,
Quite a few of us just don't like the look of the 'prerunner' fiberglass fenders. I agree that they would help imensly to solve rubbing problems. . but its just not the look we are going for.

Ray, I'm sure you probably already cut your fenders by now, but I didn't have to stretch my Bushwackers at all. I tested to see where the 35s might hit the fender and wherever it didn't I didn't cut the flare. I have 4 instead of the given 6 mounting holes for the flare, but it works fine. I'll try to get some pictures by the weekend so you can see what I'm talking about.

Minor work with BushWhackers

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something here. The B/W flares allowed me to cut 3+" at the rear of the well and I still had enough of the rear/bottom edge of the flare to connect it to the fender.
I did have to open-up the flare on the inside and cut some of the inner fender well. None of it can be seen from the side because the flare still covers everything. Lastly, I can run a 3" taller tire on an 8" rim compared to a 10"(something to consider).:smoke:

Bump

So do you guys have any pictures of what you finally did?

Back