Goodrich KM2s ? Anybody Opinions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Goodrich KM2s ? Anybody Opinions

I need to get a new set of tires for my Level II Ranger. Costco is offering a $70 discount on a set of BFGs, KO or KM2. I have not priced them yet but the magazines say about $20 more for KM2 then KO.

I have KOs an got 80,000-miles using them for all terrain.
But they have left me stuck before. So I am thinking get the KM2s.

Anybody got them? Any opinions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I need to get a new set of tires for my Level II Ranger. Costco is offering a $70 discount on a set of BFGs, KO or KM2. I have not priced them yet but the magazines say about $20 more for KM2 then KO.

I have KOs an got 80,000-miles using them for all terrain.
But they have left me stuck before. So I am thinking get the KM2s.

Anybody got them? Any opinions?

I just got them and love them! They are an aggressive tire and handle well on the road as well. They have some BITE, and look mean! They just look and handle better than I could have imagined! I would definitely give them 2 thumbs up! They are a little pricy, but the new Goodyear Wranglers are even more, and don't even compare in my opinion. I had the TA/KO before the KM2, and I feel 200% more confident in the KM2.

Here they are side by side. KM2 33"x12.5" on my rig. T/A KO 31"x10.5" loose.
picture.php

I just got them on the X, I used to have 35x12.5x15 BFG mt's not a bad tire but not outstanding after getting these... I have had them for about 1,000 miles... One trail run as of now, and they are well worth it in my eyes... One thing I noticed about them is they don't bulge out like the old mud terrains even at 15 psi but once you put so good weight on them, like approaching a rock they wrap around obstacles like a bias ply. BFG says the sidewalls are 30% stiffer and I believe it, I am running them at 25psi to get even tread wear. The first con about the old mt's (Ask anyone) is ice or snow...etc, well the other day we had a little ice storm (hot day so streets were warm, snowed and dropped temp quick, just melted and froze) and it was almost weird getting traction... :D

Enough enough, time for pics 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2's on a 15x10 steelies

DSC03293.jpg

DSC03307.jpg

DSC03317.jpg

DSC03318.jpg

Those look like some meen tires! Gman, I dont know if its the picture angle or not but that 33 doesnt look like its much more than an inch taller than that old 31. is it just the angle?

^ i know I missed typed that part sorry. i was thinking of Sparkys X above when i posted that, but still I figured the 33 would be a lil more taller than that.

I had a good look at gmanpaint's this weekend. All i have to say is those things look mmmmeeaaannn

ah ok, :D looks better. Just in that first pic of the 31 next to the 33 the 33 just didnt seem that big lol no affence :D just must have been the angle.

I am having some trouble with availability in the 31-inch size. I have not checked to see if Costco can get them.

im going to be getting a set before the $70 off at costco runs out. How much $$$ did the tires come out to after the discount?

Back