new member from colorado with 98 limited...some questions. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new member from colorado with 98 limited...some questions.

AlwaysAGentleman

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Limited
Hi, just by looking around these forums I have seen a lot of great information from people who obviously know and love explorers. I have had my 98 limited explorer since last feb. and it has been awesome. I have a few questions though, my tires are nearly bald now they are 235 75 15, I am looking for some new tires for about 100$ or less preferably lower would be better, was looking for some suggestions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

I'm praying you mean each... :D

I love my Cooper Discoverer ATR's. They are in your price range, and have a nice somewhat aggressive tread for winter, I didn't slide around, and they behave on dry pavement as well. I'd buy another set for sure.

Welcome. IF you are looking for a nice a/t tire i would recommend the general grabber
at2. THey seems to be a good all around tire and have love how they handle in snow.
http://www.treadepot.com/groupdetail.html check them out. I also ordered them from that site. Cheapest shipping i could find at the time too.

I've done a ton of tire research (as many of us have here :)), depending on the size you're looking for I can seriously recommend the Pro Comp AT's, especially for their snow traction. I've been running them for the last 5 years here in Denver and they are great. They have been nothing short of amazing for the wheeling I've done too. In addition, I am getting my Grabber AT 2's tomorrow... although I can't comment on them personally; research led me to purchasing them and I'd be surprised if I'm disappointed.

Good luck with your research and decisions. :thumbsup:

Back