• Register Today It's free!

P0117 Help Needed

J.A.F.E.

Reaction score
City, State
North Hollywood, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
On my '00 5.0 I keep getting P0117 codes. It's always the same pattern one set code and one pending code always in pairs never pending codes alone. Happens when I drive, shutdown and restart hot but not everytime. No pattern I can detect as far as how long it's parked. Could be an immediate restart or could be after 1/2 hour.

I have replaced the sender (the one for the computer, not the guage) which slowed down the codes but they still continue. Guage reads normal. No leaks and system is full, bled and has the proper 50/50 mix. Freeze frame data shows temp at 338*F.

Next step is to replace the thermostat and a system flush while I'm at it. Could the water pump. Is there something I'm missing? Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Just to bump the thread. P0117 is coolant sensor input low.

Anyone?

I have replaced the sender (the one for the computer, not the guage) which slowed down the codes but they still continue. Guage reads normal. No leaks and system is full, bled and has the proper 50/50 mix. Freeze frame data shows temp at 338*F.

omg, that shouldn't show that,, temp of 338, that is not good,,temp should never go about 210, or it's boiling,,

Back