How many miles per tank?

EliteConcept

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
LaPorte, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Civic LX
how many miles do you guys get per tank?
I get about 310

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep, I get about the same, 310 miles or so.

lucky if I can get 220 between fill ups

I never run mine completely to empty, but I get around 300 per tank (not counting the reserve). And I have the smaller 17.5 gallon tank. On the highway I get great mileage, usually between 27 and 30 mpg. In the city driving conservatively I hover around 20. However, as soon as you hit the throttle in my truck gas burns fast! I've been doing little tweaks to the supercharger lately, mostly giving it more fuel at WOT. It's come to a point where my power is increasing, but mpg is decreasing a lot. Sometimes I can actually watch the gas gauge drop as I race around.

But on average I get 20 mpg with a mix of driving conditions.

about 260-300 depending on my mood, traffic and other misc. stuff.

330miles-city driving@3000ft above sea-level. The 4door has the larger tank, which i think is 19.5gallons. Comes to about 17mpg city driving.

220 - 230 miles with my 97 Sport, my tank could be pushed in a little from the rocks that I have droped onto.

almost 400 per tank. i havent taken any long roadtrips in my explorer, so i dont know the highway mileage.

The two door gets something like 250 or so per tank. The four door gets 350 or so.

with mostly city driving, i get a little more than 220 miles per tank

Well, before I added all the mods, I was getting 400+ miles to the tank full, but now with all the mods, I'm only getting about 350 at the most. This is Highway miles.

on the highway I can get about maybe 200 miles on a tank 4.0 SOHC 4:10 gears

I get about 330 with mixed driving with no modifications.

Averaging 325 miles per tank in mixed driving. Never done an all highway cycle, but I would anticipate 375-400 miles on a tank.

those of you with 91-94 X's
when you fill up totally, does your gas gauge read well above the "F"?
If so does anyone know if it goes that far below the "E"??

I get about 350 miles per tank on my stock 92.

When the gauge goes to E on my truck, I have found that it has about 2 gallons left in the tank. It can go a little below E.

I don't think I'm being a stuff-a** here, but come on, what is the point of asking "how many miles to you get per tank?". First of all, there are 3 or 4 different gas tank sizes on our 1991 to 2002 Explorers, 2 and 4 door models.. .secondly...highway or city driving makes a difference...thirdly...there is a difference in mileage between summer gas and winter gas...Fourthly...there's a difference in mileage between 4x4 and 4x2 Explorers because 4x2's are lighter in weight. :)

FWIW my truck, a 94 Sport 4x4, has a 19.3 gal tank. It gets about 250 miles in hilly town driving in summer, 220 in winter. It's O2s are probably beginning to get aged too. Hopefully winter mileage improves with a KKM this time. Hwy mileage was about 350 miles per tank but that was before a lot of my mods. Need to take a trip soon to test it.

Originally posted by Rhett Browning
When the gauge goes to E on my truck, I have found that it has about 2 gallons left in the tank. It can go a little below E.

I don't think I'm being a stuff-a** here, but come on, what is the point of asking "how many miles to you get per tank?". First of all, there are 3 or 4 different gas tank sizes on our 1991 to 2002 Explorers, 2 and 4 door models.. .secondly...highway or city driving makes a difference...thirdly...there is a difference in mileage between summer gas and winter gas...Fourthly...there's a difference in mileage between 4x4 and 4x2 Explorers because 4x2's are lighter in weight. :)

FWIW my truck, a 94 Sport 4x4, has a 19.3 gal tank. It gets about 250 miles in hilly town driving in summer, 220 in winter. It's O2s are probably beginning to get aged too. Hopefully winter mileage improves with a KKM this time. Hwy mileage was about 350 miles per tank but that was before a lot of my mods. Need to take a trip soon to test it.

also gear ratios affect gas mileage. 4:56 wont get anywhere near 3:08 in MPG.

If im lucky I get around 215 miles on the 21 gallon tank. I have 95 xlt 4 door 4x4 (never use it) kkm true rev intake, custom cat back exhuast, bosch platinum plugs and sti wires, with 31x10.5 inch tires. I also dont think it helps I live 15 min away from one of the biggest cruse/race scenes in the north east, and i go there every weekend to pick on the riced out hondas :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just made a one way run to Atlanta, My trip was I75 the entire way and my mileage was 23,97 at ab average speed of 76 MPH.

Gonna add air to tires for the retrun home trip and see what she will do tomorrow.

Back