• Register Today It's free!

how to lift a 1992 ford explorer?

DWS!

Reaction score
City, State
winnipeg -the coldest place on earth
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 explorer xl
i have just bought a 1992 ford explorer xl standerdand i have 235s on there right now but i have 265s i want to put on there. i dont want to spend a lot on it . i had tryed to put the 265s on and in the back they were ok but in the front they rubbed so i was wondering how i could lift it ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do a search for F-150 spring seats

thanks for the idea but whould that not give you a very stiff ride.

...Click on the "How To" in my signature and you will find all kinds of info to read about lifting your Explorer...;)

i think i am just going to go out and get a 2"-3" body lift becouse there like $200 and i think then the tiers should clear

Is it rubbing on the suspension, frame, or the body? A body lift will end up costing you more then $200. All the body mounts are probably bad and the bolts are rusty. You'll end up buying more parts. You could use 12 very large washers and that would lift the front end. Cost you about $8. f-150 spring seats from a yard are cheap too, and do not effect how rough a ride it has. Both are way easier to install then a body lift (I think)

it is rubbing on the on the wheel well towords the back. does the f-150 spring seats have to be from a specific era of f-150s or just any one? and does it always make your alingment go out that bad ? but it does nit have to be done right now so will have time to deside.

Your RIDE QUALITY can NOT change when doing a F-150 Spacer & Warrior (or similar) Shackle lift.

You are not changing springs. You are just adding a spacer that changes it's exact location in reference to the frame/suspension component.

Ryan

ok i think that what i am going to do is get the spring spacers then just take it in for an alingment thanks alot for all your guys help with this

Make sure you do at least a shackle lift in the rear, so you aren't riding around nose high. The shackles are relatively inexpensive as well.

Back