how bad have you been ?? | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how bad have you been ??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No tickets yet, The only time I have actually been pulled over was because of inspection. I saw the cop in a fellow explorer drive past the other direction. I ignored it and kept going. I was sitting in a line of cars wait for the light when suddenly, the cop was rolling up on my right past all of the cars. He stoppes and puts the nose end right behind my explorer and in front of the car behind. The light turned green and I started going. A few seconds later, he flipped his lights on and I pulled over.

He asked me if I knew why he was pulling me over and I had no idea. He told me I had counterfit inspection tickets. The tickets expired 4/09 and I just bought it 5/08 I only had it for about 6 months before I was pulled over. It was just inspected before I bought it. I went to the guy I bought it from and took it to the dealership. Made him pay for the inspection plus the top brake light mount because it was broken and could only hold 1 buld instead of 2. I made him pay $345 for everything. HA! Take that. The officer gave me the benefit of the doubt and let me go. I just had to get it inspected and give the station proof of it.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

ha ha thats better than mine. 3 driving under suspension, 1 attempted man slaughter (racing my mustang at 122mph and pulling on a dodge srt 4). 2 reckless, 1 accident reckless and no insurance and no regastration (went through a guys yard and hit his truck on three whealler). and i still suffering from a terrible qestion "why was i so dum"

Were all dumb at one point or another lmao.
5 months after getting my license, got a ticket for 78 in a construction zone, wrote me up for 65/60, but in the notes the ####### put actual speed 75 Mph.

I got it dropped, as something, idr what it was called, but its not on my record, no points, i just had to pay court fee's 200$ :'(

Then over the winter, gotta love the 92's ABS, I goto stop leaving my gf's neighborhood, and slid most of the way, COULD NOT stop, so i went, cus it was clear, and a state trooper pulled out and got me, i ended up making him realize i couldnt stop and he was like telling me why people should stop and what could happen if you dont i was like yep okay lol, pulling away from him with a burnt out taillight

Driving my 86 GTI i got pulled over for the sent of liquor coming from my car. He was on the other side of the road as i passed him. I blew a .08 and got a dwi. Figure that **** out! Is the cop a drug, beer sniffing dog or does he have supernatural human powers? Nj cops are dicks

55 in a 35 and no proof of insurance, but got out of the no proof ticket.. just had to show ppl at court house i had insurance at time of ticket.

also got pulled over for almost hitting a cop in front of movie theater, but only almost hit him because had to dodge to miss this big red dodge that pulled infront of me, i told him what happend, he said ..ok.. and took off sirens screaming for the dodge..

at 156 a month for insurance

Driving my 86 GTI i got pulled over for the sent of liquor coming from my car. He was on the other side of the road as i passed him. I blew a .08 and got a dwi. Figure that **** out! Is the cop a drug, beer sniffing dog or does he have supernatural human powers? Nj cops are dicks

wtf that wasnt a cop, it was RoboCop

robocop.jpg

Honestly cant remember all my tickets but I will tell you about the ones that stick out.
63 in a 35 school zone . But it was late at night and I fed the cop some BS about how I just got off work and was pissed about some things that were said and he let me go with a $113 ticket for driving too fast for conditions. While I was pulled over it just started to snow lol. the next day he called me and told me he wrote out the ticket for too much and that I should take one buck off the fine... thanks....
Then one day i was in town with my 03 focus that was all decked out with a body kit and all that. was sitting at a stop light when these people in a BMW wagon pulled up next to me and started calling me a honkey and crap like that so I pulled the E-brake and roasted my tires till the light turned green. turned left and wouldnt you know it there were 2 cops one blocks away that had a drunk pulled over(he still had a orange cone stuck under his car). thats when I seen Officer Finger running to her car. Long story short she didnt write me up for loud exhaust, tint, and other crap she was going to but gave me a $110 ticket for Disorderly conduct with a motor Vehicle. Nice huh. the rest are just a bunch of 5-10 over tickets.

i got pulled over for doing 70 in a 50 and got away with a registration ticket because i couldnt find it in my moms jeep liberty. and got a reckless driving ticket for drifting in a parking lot that was covered in snow in my dads grand cherokee. the cop just happened to drive up as im sideways lol, he was cool about it though.

Ive heard that places like the open flats of wyoming or montana will give you a $5 fine you can pay on the spot if youre speeding, no matter how fast. My teacher was telling me that he was in his friends jaguar going 140 in the middle of nowhere in nevada and when the cop came up to his window after pulling him over, he said something like, "Well goddang, do you know how long it took me to catch up to you?" He paid the 5 bucks and got up to 140 again.

yeah that's cuz in montana for the longest time there was no speed limit durign the day...and nowadays the cops hate enforcing the speed limits....so instead of actually enforcing them if you're going over about 100 they'll give you a fine for environmental harm (burnin so much gas) which is only five bucks

i've only got pulled over for 44 in a 35 no big deal...my mom's got a lead foot she almost got caught doing 85 in a 55 which is no big deal...except it was a GRAVEL ROAD talk about scary

97 in a 50, with a Lincoln, when I was 17. I had forgotten my wallet at home. When your going that fast, with no ID, it's off to the cop shop. I learned three lessons that day...ALWAYS have your ID with you, tickets are expensive, and don't drive like an a55hole!

i got pulled over by the coolest cop ever the other night. heres the story. he pulled me and my friend over and was asking me all kinds of questions, he asks what we were doing. i say were on the way home. he asks where we were, i say we were chillin with some girls from blank town, he asks who. i tell him and he doesnt know them. hes like "did you hook up atleast?" i say no but they just called us and told us to come back and he just hands me my license and all that and says get out of here go get some! i go turn around and as i pass him on the way back i honked and he turned on his cop lights. it was awsome!

So did you seal the deal?

ur lucky cali cops almost impounded my explorer one time for speeding and doing reckless driving but i didnt even peel out or anything the cop said i peeled out when i took off and it wasnt my explorer it was another car and they pulled me over and said i peeled out while speeding and they told me to step out of the car and they thought i was high and i wasnt and they made me to stupid stuff liek walk in a straight line and repeat what they said and etc. And they said how do i feel having my explorer impounded. And other times they pull me over for speeding but other cars were going faster then me and they pull me over cause of my exhaust cause of my flowmasters. I bet they hear my flows more the cars with stock exhaust.

And today i almost got a ticket but it was another explorer sport like mine but they had the sirens going off for a good 10 min and i thought they were going after me. In my head i was saying why they going after me i was going the speed light limit. In the corner of my mirror i see a sport like mine following it on the freeway was going at least 80 or 85 mph moving in and out of traffic almost side wiped me and 2 other cars and they finally caught up to the sport and i hope they arrested him. Cause he almost caused 3 accidents thank god they didnt pull me over. I was lucky.

All I've ever gotten while in my explorer is a "violation of a controlled median". Go figure :rolleyes:

Never had a ticket...fortunately. Did get a warning for wheeling on private property, though. I was halfway across the state and they called my dad at 9 at night in Houston while I am in Dallas. Seriously freaked him out...not to mention me when he told me 3 weeks later. Can anybody say ice water in the veins?

Holdin' out at $130 a month in insurance.

108mph in a 45 but that was a couple years back and in a car not an explorer.

I was a real bad boy monday night. Let's just say that a girl has me real confused right now, so I needed to clear my head, ended up jumping on the interstate and opened it up after I got out into the boondocks. It was topped out for at least 10 miles. I felt better but should probably be in jail.

Heh... been there.. bad things could have easily happened these few nights.

No offense, but I seriously doubt you were going 145 in your explorer, it should run out of gear well before that.

Idk... maybe... wouldn't it depend on what gear ratio he has also? I've brought the needle off the speedo past 120 before a bit.

Now that I think about it though.. the rpm's were damn high.. Felt smooth as butter though.. but either way.. bad idea.

Holdin' out at $130 a month in insurance.

Wooo hooo welcome to the club, my accident i got in last year put me at about $780 every 6 months as well, ahh dont you love insurance.

Reading this thread makes me realize that I have gotten away with a lot of crazy stupid things in my youth that I had long forgotten... Anyway, In my not-so-youth about 2003, I was riding my motorcycle (a Honda Valkyrie) And decided to open her up on a long stretch of fast lane, I am doing about 127 mph indicated ( and in fact, I often did triple digits on her almost every day..)when a highway patrol Crown Vic pulls in behind me with the red lights flashing... I throttled down imediately and pulled over, parked the bike on the shoulder, took off my gloves and helmet, and waited for the CHP officer to get out of his car. A moment later, a tow truck drives up, stops and backs up to my bike. Oh, snap! I'm thinkin'. Well, the cop gets out, checks my licence registration insurance papers and asks if I knew how fast I was going, "Um... probably 95? I say trying to look as innocent as possible. He starts lecturing me on the foolishness of the kind of speed I was going (and he was absolutely right... ) In the meantime, Mr. Greasy Towtruck driver is waiting for the word to hook up my beautiful bike and take it to impound, and I realize I am in deep doo doo... while I'm talking to the CHP it comes up that I work for Harley Davidson, and I do design work on technical riding gear, leathers, etc. And, it turns out Mr. CHP had just bought a brand new Harley Davidson motorcycle for his personal use. We start talking motorcycles, and after a minute he waves the Tow guy away, Tow guy looks disgusted but gets in his truck and drives off. CHP gives me a ticket for 80 in a 65, which is still a $300 dollar fine, but far cheaper than the impounded bike, jail, suspended licence and reckless driving fine and points on my licence. I went to traffic school which in California erases the violation from your driving record. I slowed it down after that.

Back