Fellow Greenville NC member needs some help...stranded truck :( | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fellow Greenville NC member needs some help...stranded truck :(

hello i have a small request before tomorrow as i might have to fork over 100plus dollars to the tow guy to winch me out...many of you are probably familiar with my old white 95' Ex but her tranny crapped out and i had to sell it but i' have got my bro's cherokee and i gave him the passat i had...anyway long story short i just got done no less than 2 hours ago i walked back to my house which is about 6 miles from where my truck is at...(i have blisters on my foot and cuts from thorns in the ditch i had to cross on the way to my house, and to top it all off the damn dogs started barking at me because i took the shortcut through the field behind my house, the lady came out (didn't even give me a chance to explain my situation ran inside called the cops on me all because i cut through her yard because i did not want to get hit by a car walking or something like that...they never found me cuz i got to my house before they came patroling through the neighborhood ...i tried to freakin tell her i had car trouble and i lived down here even said i'm sorry i woke u up...talk about ur friendly neighbors bunch of bs if u ask me...

I will give one of you who replies first that will be out and about tomorrow like just crusing and such if u live in greenville, farmville, wilson, grifton, ayden, etc..basically anywhere close so it doesn't become to much of a hassle, all u need to bring is your truck and a tow rope, and i will give you $40 bucks for your time...thats it plain and simple Could any of you help me out? i really don't want to give the wrecker 125 bucks :( thanks for reading Kyle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Give more details so whoever the person coming knows exactly whats up. Like:

- is the vehicle in someone else's property (if it is, permissoin or trespass)?
- is it in a mud pit?
- how long of a tow rope is needed?

its in a mudhole just need a good yank people wheel out there all the time on that path...no one is available for me to call this is my last resort because my stepdads truck is in virginia this weekend so i am stuck for the moment...

thx to everyone who looked finally got a hold of a friend with a truck where getting it out in a little while...Kyle

Perhaps the lesson here is learned to never wheel alone? Good you got it out though, and you are alright from this. Not trying to make you sound bad, either, I've been in similar circumstances as well. I learned my lesson after a couple times though :D

cool no problem man u didn't make me feel bad at all ...i def learned my lesson , but u know the odd part of the whole story> we went to where she was buried i was like "its around the next bin and eric was like "you hope its still around the next bin lol" and low and behold someone that was wheeling either late last night or sometime during the day today had yanked it out of there after i bought a tow rope and everything from Harbour Freight Tools "yes i am endorsing them they rock lol" 9.99 for a 8500lb rope with hooks can't beat that with a stick. we were like wtf

my legs are so freaking tired i clocked in on the trip how far i walked from home depot to my house which is exactly 5.7 miles on the tripometer when i pulled in the driveway after riding around for a little while..not including the half a mile from where the jeep was stranded to the main road all in all is about 6.5 miles..

I took a shortcut through a neighbors yard and yes that damn woman called the cops on me and i was pissed all because that part of the road is rough "as far as walking goes" not much leeway on the side of the road and the inbankment of the ditch etc... i seriously would like to see her walk 6.5 miles and see what she has to say...my god do i seriously look like a robber or intruder wearing an orange t-shirt sneakers and cargo shorts and ballcap seriously are u kidding me...i am so pissed about this **** its not even funny i'm debating on whether are not to have a word with her letting me explain myself and whatever she told the sherrif to tell them off that there where no problems i mean crap its not like i robbed her or attacked she just ran inside and wouldn't give me a chance to explain i tried to tell i was having car trouble and that i lived down here in the neighborhood...but wtf ok my rant is done any thoughts?

Get a real tow strap.. Those hooks are projectiles. Definately don't wheel alone, hell try not to trespass on private property/government property. Thats all we need is the eco-freaks to attract more attention our way cause people going to their local mudhole.

Back