2007 Eddie Bauer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Eddie Bauer

Here is my new to me 2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer

explorereb.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

16 month update

Miles = 33660
Gallons = 1811.01
MPG = 18.59

Best tank = 23.396, miles on this tank was 291 driving all highway at 62 mph, just to see how it would do.
Getting new uniroyal laredo's today.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you need new tires already? or just want them?

I have driven 33K, but it has 45K. Tires were shot.

damn thats some horrific tread life what brand do u have currently? Let us know how u like the uni's as well.

The original tires were Good Year Fortera. The car was a program car with 12K when i got it. Never rotated or aligned probably. Hope the Uniroyal Laredo's go 60K +

Nice looking truck! EXACTLY like ours. How are the new tires? I'll be looking for some new ones in the next few months, probably a bit wider than stock.

Tires are good. Smooth and quiet. Mileage about the same.

2 year update

Miles= 59,462
gallons - 3187.17
MPG = 18.66

Best tank = 23.396, miles on this tank was 291 driving all highway at 62 mph, just to see how it would do

Uniroyal Laredos are great, smooth and quiet. Rattle in overhead garage door holder is still there. Explorer has been great, regular maintenance. Brakes will be needed soon.

Good to hear! We have about 32K on ours. The only issues we've had are the #$%^ sun visor mirror covers. So far 3 of them have broken off. My price on visors is like $72, so if they break again after the warranty is out, I'm pulling the electrical wires on them!

Good to hear! We have about 32K on ours. The only issues we've had are the #$%^ sun visor mirror covers. So far 3 of them have broken off. My price on visors is like $72, so if they break again after the warranty is out, I'm pulling the electrical wires on them!

I forgot that. my driver side visor has broken twice. 1st was warranty, then i just noticed it was broken again.

Couldn't get into old account. I still have the 2007 Explorer. I drove it from 2007 to 2016. Only used on weekends until son turned 16 in 2017 . My son drove it in HS, then has had it a college. It now has 260,000 miles. This summer my son had an internship in central Texas, so him and i drove it down there from NC, then i flew back. Last week, i flew down and him and i drove it back. Ran smooth no issues. I had transmission work done at 175,000 miles. The plastic at top of doors is faded pretty bad. Leather seats have held up great. the plastic thing for the sun glass holder has broken off and the know for rear air cracked.

Only issue is when it is very hot, it can hesitate /lurch run rough while idling at a stop light. Has to be very hot. Had that looked at a few times, they say its a vacuum issue. While in Texas it happened to my some. he added fuel injector cleaner and high octane gas and it went away.

Anyway, its been a great car. we will pass it on to him officially when he graduates next year, then he can trade it for what he wants.

Back