33in Tires, Finally, tell me what you think!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

33in Tires, Finally, tell me what you think!!!

THanX everybody so far for all the great comments... I'm glad everybody likes my Xplorer and hope more people agree. Eventually when this beauty isn't my daily driver anymore I'll have it extreme and like full custom huge lift with 35in boggers or bigger on it, V8 swap, better axles, full roll cage, I would like to remove the back like cap area and try to make it like a bronco, removable top. But that'll be down the road a ways:exporange

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nope, those are jsut aftermarket taillights I got on ebay, altezza I think

I've got the exact same ones on my Mountaineer.

really.... sweet...I bet you like them just as much as I do

Yes I do. They totally change the look.

Yessir, I kinda want to get those one-piece projector headlamps, instead of the covers for the front,

Looks good man. Thanks for updating us. Thats a serious tire to cram under there with just a tt. Good job man.

33's have to rub with only a tt up front. Do they?

I would imagine it has a lot to do with how worn your shocks are. New shocks ride higher.

Maybe the rim offset or spacers?

Shocks shouldn't affect height? Unless when sitting idle, they're completely compressed and the size of the shock itself was pushing up on the truck. Height is dependent on the springs.. I could be wrong though, but shocks I've seen are for dampening movement.. I've not seen one that has a set position??

I'm still going to end up doing a bit more of a lift,some way or shape, it'll probably be done by mid-summer. I want to be able to hit some mud holes and the dunes up at silverlake without having to worry about rubbing issues. Thanx for all the great comments though guys, keep them coming.:)

that ***** tight, no trimming or cutting with those tires?

If you remove the side skirts i think you'll be okay thats where most people rub. or at least the corner piece right by the tires. if you took that out, you would able to get away with a bit before you started rubbing. of course if you go full stuff you'll rub.

Looks great/mean, love the paint job & tyres, wish we had/got the Sports model down here, it would have helped with the overall sales & stopped the Explorer's from being canned. :D

lookin good, from zeeland eh?...i have a place in holland, when im in town hit me up we will go whellin.

heck yea.... I'm within 5 minutes from holland, just like pm me when your here and I'll see if can hang, and go wheelin.
yea I had the rocker panel off one side b/c it came off , but i have taken off the small corner rocker pieces, but I did have to trim, about 2in of the bumper and 2in. on the rear of the front fender

good looking sport
those tires look mean

first of all, nice paint job! thats what i want to do but with different colors... second, nice lights, also what i want to do. and last, sell me your old rims?

you want the old rims?? seriously umm. I can probably sell them too you. Where you at, like state wise??, I'm in michigan. I'm using the center caps, would you need those??

the front end needs some work that's why it's splayed out, I need balljoints and wheelbearings, so they won't allign it, I've already tried taking it to a place.

really.... sweet...I bet you like them just as much as I do

Those 33's look pretty nice on there. Where do you do your wheeling in Michigan? I used to wheel up in the Houghton Lake area years ago. They had everything there from sand to mud pits to rocks and fallen trees.

I'm in the Holland area, in a small town of Zeeland, I mainly wheel out in Hamilton, I'm hopeing to head to silverlake sometime, after I pay the X off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back