I'm not sure I'm liking Ford right now. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm not sure I'm liking Ford right now.

FordDiva56

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer XLT
OK, so Thursday I took the 1998 Ford Explorer into the auto shop. I wanted them to do a thorough going over seeing I'm planning on driving this to AZ from Chicago, with my son. They did the oil change, lube and fixed a ball and pinion, did a transmission somwthing or other. Now....I go out, put the key in and NOTHING! The theft light comes on. What did I do?? I'm suppose to leave tomorrow. Makes it a little difficult when the dumb thing won't even start!!!! grrrrrrr

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does it even turn over?

Did it start/run good from the shop?

welcome

Is the theft light doing a fast blink? Did you try a different key?

AAA came out. My battery is just fine. It appears to be the starter....well lets hope.

That's what I was thinking, specially if it didn't turn over.

Parts break... Don't hate Ford! :)

Could be the shop put the wrong key in, and that caused the PATS to freak out...

I have been stealing my ploder as I drive.The theft light blinks continously as I go about my merry way.Is there a problem that needs to be Fixed Or Repaired Daily? or is this a common problem? or is it a protest?

Back