• Register Today It's free!

Leaf Alingment Clamps?

LLSTRIKES96

Reaction score
City, State
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
Does anyone know where I can find leaf alingment clamps? My friend is having problems of his leafs getting crooked on the trail and I'm about to add leafs myself so I was just looking for a fix. Anybody have experience with this? Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

at autozone I picked up some leaf-spring bolts and had them welded to the bottom leaf. They've worked for about a year and a half now, I'll take some pictures if I get a chance sometime.

Yes Matt please get some pics for us!!!!!

My bottom leaf on both sides keep kicking out sideways. I can't think of a way to keep this fixed.

Ah yes, every mechanics best kept secret. Duct Tape! LOL

I haven't forgotten about this I swear :). I'll get some pics tonight. I forget what these are called at autozone, maybe called leaf spring clamps? I think I may actually still have the package at home, as I still have the bolts and the big ol brackets... I'll have to see

ok, the kit is called, funny enough, a "leaf spring clamp kit", sells at autozone, comes with 4... I don't know what I did with the other 2 but I can't find em... I've also seen a similar package that is sold by one or twos that sells at checker. The leaf spring clamp kit is what your looking for though. It comes with a bar that goes over the leaf itself and nuts of course, but I chose not to use them and chose to weld it to the bottom leaf instead. By the way, notice the herculiner job in the second shot? Beauty aint it?
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

That looks like it would do the trick! Thanks a bunch
(And yeah the Herculiner looks great. Is that on your frame?)

yeah I herculined part of my frame :). Not sure how long it'll last, since we didn't prep or really even clean off first... but it was a good way to use up some herculiner :).

Back